Will reinstalling Windows 10 fix laptop?

My you cousin was messing around on my laptop and managed to delete the hard drive/disk? My laptop shows a black screen that says “Reboot and select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key” I’ve tried different keys but nothing has worked and I can’t get to the boot tab. If I buy a windows 10 bootable usb will it reinstall and fix the problem?? And what would you suggest to get? Or would bringing it into a Best Buy help??

You can download for free the Microsoft Creation Tool that will create a bootable usb or DVD with Windows 10 on it. I think it gives you the option to "repair" your current installation, which I would use. The other thing you could do is go into your bios and see if the correct harddrive is selected as the "first" boot device.

Presumably, Windows 10 was already activated on your laptop.  If this is the case, there is absolutely no need for you to purchase anything.

Click on the following link ... direct to the Microsoft website ... and download their Windows 10 download tool.  You can download either a Windows 10 .iso image, which you can burn to a DVD disc, or a Windows 10 .iso image that you can burn to a USB flash drive for FREE of charge.

Once your computer is activated with Windows 10 you can download and reinstall it as many times as you need.

You will, of course, need to use a computer that is functioning in order to do the above.