Sleep paralysis or demon or apparition or wtf???

So for context i was having a VERY vivid unrelated dream. Then it all faded away and i started to wake up. Right away i see a figure next to me ( i sleep in the bottom bunk in a room i share with my sister), at first i think it’s this boy i know because it’s really skinny lmao but then i look at it and it looks like a woman. I call out to see if it’s my sister and no response, i call out again and it starts to move closer to me. It’s more clear to me what it is at this point, it’s like an OLD native american woman like a 100 years old kind of like a witch or something. I am TERRIFIED at this point i start backing away and throw my pillow at it. I start screaming like “wtf is that” and my sister starts calling out my name and slowly it just fades away. It’s 3 in the morning and I’ve been awake for almost half an hour. What did i do to deserve a demon?? I literally felt like that thing came from hell and was gonna drag me with it. I wish i was lying about this but it’s 100% real and I’m still in shock. Was that sleep paralysis? Because i could move so something isn’t adding up !!!!

Not sleep paralysis.. You can't move with that. Sounds like a very vivid dream.

• brmxld

It is a disturbance.

Pray if you are a believer, seek information to ease your mind if you are not.

Either way will help reassure you that you are safe.

For me prayer did the trick, but I realize that some may find comfort through other means.

You have to rebuke it in the name of Jesus if that doesn't work you pray up until it leaves

• 10 months agoReport

I've been through that too I had to pray to get myself out of it

I don't know why your question is listed under "Personal Finance", but much of what you described is consistent with sleep paralysis. Yes, you seemed able to move, but too many other criteria match.

With all due respect to Jacob Marley, any "spirit" appearing to you & only you while you're in bed should be highly suspect. Your experience was scary, but it wasn't anything supernatural.

• Casey Y

Something appearing to only one person in the room...yeah...highly suspect.

Does anyone know how this one got moved to the correct category?