Can I ever stop taking medication for Schizophrenia?

I have occasional paranoia. But I really want to stop taking meds, to live a more productive life. Can this disease be overcome by will power alone? Sometimes, as much as I try, I can't manage to live without medication? Does this indicate that I don't have strong willpower to control this disease?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Rico
    Lv 5
    8 months ago
    Favourite answer

Schizophrenia can’t be cured by will power, but it is possible with the help of a psychiatrist to gradually reduce the dosage over time until you no longer need it.

DO NOT attempt to cease using the medication without medical supervision.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Dejair
    Lv 6
    8 months ago

Because harmonization i believe in it :

I want to find in life the energy of intense love; to accumulate in me the energy of intense love, and to radiate from me the energy of intense love with dignifying and joyous purpose.

I want to find in life the energy of profound peace; to accumulate in me the energy of profound peace, and to radiate from me the energy of profound peace with dignifying and joyous purpose.

I want to find in life the energy of infinite gladness; to accumulate in me the energy of infinite gladness, and to radiate from me the energy of infinite gladness with dignifying and joyous purpose.

"I am me being" !

• 8 months ago

Medications help to control—not cure—schizophrenia, toning down or eliminating the wilder, acute symptoms of the illness. Do not cease any medications without consulting your doctor.

• 8 months ago

Maybe you could take the time out to do some internet research for Schizophrenia Self-Help and see what you come up with. YouTube may have some good information for you, as well.

I hope you start feeling better.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • LAN
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

And tell us why you think you know better than your doctor what meds you should be on.

• Tavy
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

No, you have a chemical inbalance in your brain. This is a serious condition , willpower won't cure it.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

The medications won't help that much either.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

I dunno, ask the man outside your window

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.