Can I ever stop taking medication for Schizophrenia?

I have occasional paranoia. But I really want to stop taking meds, to live a more productive life. Can this disease be overcome by will power alone? Sometimes, as much as I try, I can't manage to live without medication? Does this indicate that I don't have strong willpower to control this disease?

• Rico

Schizophrenia can’t be cured by will power, but it is possible with the help of a psychiatrist to gradually reduce the dosage over time until you no longer need it.

DO NOT attempt to cease using the medication without medical supervision.

• Dejair

Because harmonization i believe in it :

I want to find in life the energy of intense love; to accumulate in me the energy of intense love, and to radiate from me the energy of intense love with dignifying and joyous purpose.

I want to find in life the energy of profound peace; to accumulate in me the energy of profound peace, and to radiate from me the energy of profound peace with dignifying and joyous purpose.

I want to find in life the energy of infinite gladness; to accumulate in me the energy of infinite gladness, and to radiate from me the energy of infinite gladness with dignifying and joyous purpose.

"I am me being" !

Medications help to control—not cure—schizophrenia, toning down or eliminating the wilder, acute symptoms of the illness. Do not cease any medications without consulting your doctor.

Maybe you could take the time out to do some internet research for Schizophrenia Self-Help and see what you come up with. YouTube may have some good information for you, as well.

I hope you start feeling better.

• LAN

And tell us why you think you know better than your doctor what meds you should be on.

• Tavy

No, you have a chemical inbalance in your brain. This is a serious condition , willpower won't cure it.

The medications won't help that much either.

I dunno, ask the man outside your window