JSG asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 8 months ago

Which computer is better to produce animation and comics with- a Mac or a Windows PC?

Hi. I would like to produce my own cartoons and comics and showcase them online to monetize them. Which computer is better for this- a Mac or a Windows PC? I have been using Windows PCs for years. I don't know too much about Macs. Please help- thank you.

with a mac, you get half the computer for twice the price

• John

My system is business - i7/8700, 16 gigs memory, even using the stock graphics onboard. I do 3d graphics (Rhino 3d now) and 3d printing. Photoshop, paint shop pro, ZBrush at times. It never burps. I've done a bit of video editing and it's not optimum but it does pretty well. If I was making film movies or Pixar sort of work I'd go to Linux on a workstation if it was making money.

An OS is not going to make a difference. Hardware is all that counts when running demanding programs and a PC is certainly the cheaper option. While I don't know what hardware requirements are for what you are trying to do, your question is sort of like asking which OS can run a text editor better? The answer is neither because it's just a text editor doing what text editors do.

• keerok

You've been using PCs for years. It would then be natural for you to stick to that.