Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 8 months ago

Should I keep the URLs of all my questions on yahoo answers?

I have just been advised to keep the URL of my questions (yes, this was serious advice), to take stock of them.

I was just wondering how many others do this on yahoo answers? Should I create a little spreadsheet doc and catalogue all the URL's of each question?

You idiots just type black is white for the sake of it, youre all retarded trolls

BTW I have already blocked you from further questions, report that yuou sad child.

way way too much work simply for YA. Really you get reported-who really cares. I would have thousands of pages of this saved then; much better things to do with my time, really.

Maybe. It depends on what you want to do with them. I made daily Word files of the URL addresses of all my questions answers for years. People really were stalking me and targeting my email accounts with the intention of falsely reporting my answers enough times that it would trigger an automatic email account suspension. Those Word files were very useful when I appealed the suspensions of two email accounts 7 and 5 times in 2015. I won those appeals. One email account was restored 7 times and anither one 5 times. I could give the Yahoo answers teams enough information that they could backtrack my stalkers account actkvities and confirm that my email accounts really were being targeted maliciously.

Since the network card on ny desktop PC has been fried for more than 13 months and I am limited to a non smart cellphone, I am no longer doing that. However, people are still targeting my email accounts. When I get annoyed enough, I do not hesitate to email the Verizon Yahoo abuse team to report the Entire account using the URL address of their YA,activity profile. My most persistent stalker of possibly more than 9 years seemed to disappear at the beginning of August. Maybe Verizon finally suspended their last paid backup level 7 account. 

BTW, I have already rported THIS question. 

You may do so if you choose. Some users do it so they can provide that info if they need to appeal a wrongful post removal. I think it's a small minority of users who do it though, because it's not convenient and if you access YA via multiple devices you'd need your tracking document stored in the cloud so you could add to it from any device, anywhere.

Do what works for you.

• LAN

If the rest of them are meaningless rants like this one why would you bother?

• LAN

And you are an idiot that blocks people because you aren't intelligent enough to counter facts.

Yes, because then you can easily click find on excel to find back the questions or answers, and the url will be avalibale too.. I do this

• Andrew

If your question and answer history doesn't go back very far, then it probably wouldn't be that difficult to keep a record of the questions that you've asked and answered, but if your question and answer history goes back years, or if it's extensive enough that it encompasses hundreds or thousands or even tens of thousands of items, then it would likely be a lot more trouble than it would be worth to record all of them. Look at it this way, there's no statute of limitations on what can and cannot be reported, flagged, or removed. Once you post something to any of the forums on this site, it becomes the property of Yahoo!, and even if your account is suspended later, the content you've uploaded will remain (so long as it has not been reported and taken down.) And furthermore, if this site ever closed down, Yahoo! would be free to do as they like with whatever content exists here, so if they decided to call it a day tomorrow, all of those links would be dead anyway. What's the point? If you think it might be a good idea to record your activity because your questions and answers keep disappearing, then you might look into refraining from posting content that people feel violates the community guidelines that we all agreed upon when we signed up. 

Having the URL of questions you ask and answer is always a good idea if you are getting reported a lot. Then you can use the help menu to appeal any post that was reported. Using the help menu you need this information to give an appeal. Just go to the help menu on the sop right gear wheel and select Contact Us>Contact a Yahoo Specialist>Appeal

You have a user history that shows all your questions.

You can look there instead of keeping another list.

I don't know why this would be important. It's only Yahoo Answers.

• StarShine

Kindly stick your trolling up your ***, just move your head a touch to the side, it'll fit