Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 10 months ago

Why is the new version of Yahoo Answers forcing me into desktop mode to ask a question?

I tap on ask question and it takes me to desktop mode instead of the mobile site.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 months ago

Verizon is NOT forcing you to use desktop mode. IF you want to do ANYTHING on a mobile platform, you HAVE to go go to desktop mode. That has been true on YA for more than 5 YEARS. YOUR technical ignorance is NOT Yahoo's or Verizon's fault.

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

Some moron did a very bad maintenance job last night. Probably some new asian guy.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 10 months ago

cause the new format is why

• 10 months ago

Because whoever is in charged of Yahoo answers can't ever do anything right.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

Many features on the site have only been available to mobile users via desktop mode anyway. As to why they are pushing mobile users to desktop, only they know (we aren't typically made aware of why or when any changes occur on this site).

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

Yahoo is becoming increasingly less user friendly.

• LAN
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

Yahoo answer isn't working the way you want? Wow, next thing you know water will be wet.

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

Because Yahoo finds it beneficial to focus their attention on meaningless nonsense than to concern themselves with important issues like ridding the site of bullies

• ...Show all comments
    • mom
      Lv 7
      10 months agoReport

I agree with you Mental. I see a lot of people on here that are bullies and love to correct my English when they are not perfect

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

Oh come on! Did you really think that there would never be any issues with the new format?

Everytime they update the format, there is ALWAYS problems.

• Lv 6
      10 months agoReport

Yes, the person above me really needs to go. I believe his day will come

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.