Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 8 months ago

May i be losing weight a little too fast?

So my doctor said my cholesterol is a little high and so i can't eat any fast food and i have to exercise. Well i listened to his advice and im only drinking water and no soda or juice. Also, im eating 3 small meals a day like low sugar cereal in the morning, some chicken and broccoli in the afternoon and a apple/banana before i go to bed. I have lost 10 pounds in 2 weeks. And im exercising atleast 1.5-2 hours a day. And i noticed my tummy hurts a little sometimes. May i be going a little too fast?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago

Seems so, as a two pound loss weekly ensures success. Think of the diet more as a lifestyle you’re developing. Seems you need more protein w your last meal of the day, maybe more chicken, imo.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 8 months ago

People are all up in arms about cholesterol. The building block of every cell in our bodies is.... guess what? Cholesterol! Our bodies tend to regulate our own personal cholesterol level all by itself.

Survey was done of elderly people and those with higher cholesterol levels actually live longer. True story. Do your research.

I'd be more concerned about eating NATURAL not hydrogenated fats, and eating natural whole foods. No processed foods or sugars whatsoever.

Fruits contain sugars. Bananas and apples spike blood sugar.

• Pippin
      Lv 7
      8 months agoReport

And sugars are not bad. Surely you are not saying people should eat no fruit. (Which is as natural a food as there can be.)

• 8 months ago

It may be normal for the first weeks because it may be water weight that you are losing but don't go so low on calories i would advice you not to go lower than 1200-1500 calories its not good at all( i used to eat only 500 calories a day and i developed an eating disorder) you should be losing around 2 pounds or 1.5 a week for a healthy weight loss you are starving yourself and slowing down you metabolism it will be hard to go higher on calories later without gaining the weight back and i think 1;30 hour of workout 5 times a week it's quite enough (also do a variation in your food don't do such a simple meals add more stuff but in smaller portions) Good luck!

• Pippin
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Your calorie intake is way too low.  An apple is NOT dinner.  A bowl of cereal and water is NOT breakfast.

Basically, a few ounces of grains, chicken and broccoli and an apple are good lunch -- ONE meal, not three.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Donald
    Lv 5
    8 months ago

During the first few weeks, you will lose more weight and most of it will be water weight. After that you should slow down to about 1-2 pounds a week. If you don't starting the 4th week, eat a little more.

Best wishes

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.