Resident Rump asked in HealthMental Health · 8 months ago

Is it bad that I lie to my therapist about how depressed and hopeless I really am because I don't want to be admitted?

I'm scared that if I tell her that I often don't feel like I want to live she might send me to the psych ward. 😢

• justin

it is when u are a danger to ursefl that she will do that

That should not be a problem. Laws vary by State, but in most cases unless you are a clear danger to yourself or others, you cannot be committed against your will.

• patty

maybe get her to up your medication

What purpose does lying to a therapist serve? They cannot help you if you are not truthful with them, and the only reason to see a therapist is to get help with whatever is bothering you. It is very unlikely that you will be sent to a psych ward. You are hardly the first person on earth to seriously and frequently consider suicide. Lots of people have suffered from that problem of not wanting to live and not giving a rat's *** about anything. It is why many of us went to the darn therapist in the first place, because we did not want to be that way and someone who cared about us finally gave us the strength to go and get help (because we don't normally even care enough to do that simple step on our own).

If the therapist is even half-good, the therapist knows you are lying anyway.

Your therapist can't help you if you're not honest with her. As long as you don't have actual plans to end your life in the near future you won't be admitted. Hospitalization isn't that bad and it's a way to get the help you need quickly if you're very unwell.

• LAN

Unfortunately they don't lock people up for being an idiot. Grow up and stop begging for attention

• LAN

Don't mind Autumn BTW, she is just an idiot that isn't capable of using facts that I have pointed out over and over only posts childish rants here to beg for attention because she is too ugly to get back at her daddy by being a stripper.