Discuss the influence of Descartes and Locke and make a decision: Who was more important in the development of current ideas in psychology?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • j153e
    Lv 7
    8 months ago
    Favourite answer

Locke is more significant for current behavorialism, inasmuch as he believed nurture to be most everything for the baby.

Descartes emphasized truer psychology (psyche as soul) than present-day reductionists such as behaviorists, however, with the rise of experimental, neuro-science based psychology of Wundt and Freud, one would have to privilege Carl Jung and Jungian psychology, and perhaps Abraham Maslow's well-being research, as qualitatively more significant, in order to elevate Descartes as more important than Locke in "current psychology."

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 8 months ago

Kindle ``Philozophy for Dummiez`.

It`z comprehenzive and the analyziz / decizion that you make will be your own.

You can download Kindle to your phone or tablet or your P.C. for free.

Otherz priming you = You`ll fail, further down the line = "OUCH!!! ;( ;( ;( !

Therefore, No, I am not going to uze my critical thinking ability to prevent you from developing yourz.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

NO - YOU discuss it because it is YOUR homework and your teacher expects YOUR answer.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

I am therefore I think.

A case of Descartes before the horse ...

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Mandy
    Lv 6
    8 months ago

Go right ahead and do that.

• Bob
      Lv 5
      8 months agoReport

Yeah. Imma sit here with Mandy and watch everyone else discussing.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.