Discuss the influence of Descartes and Locke and make a decision: Who was more important in the development of current ideas in psychology?

• j153e

Locke is more significant for current behavorialism, inasmuch as he believed nurture to be most everything for the baby.

Descartes emphasized truer psychology (psyche as soul) than present-day reductionists such as behaviorists, however, with the rise of experimental, neuro-science based psychology of Wundt and Freud, one would have to privilege Carl Jung and Jungian psychology, and perhaps Abraham Maslow's well-being research, as qualitatively more significant, in order to elevate Descartes as more important than Locke in "current psychology."

Kindle ``Philozophy for Dummiez`.

It`z comprehenzive and the analyziz / decizion that you make will be your own.

You can download Kindle to your phone or tablet or your P.C. for free.

Otherz priming you = You`ll fail, further down the line = "OUCH!!! ;( ;( ;( !

Therefore, No, I am not going to uze my critical thinking ability to prevent you from developing yourz.

NO - YOU discuss it because it is YOUR homework and your teacher expects YOUR answer.

I am therefore I think.

A case of Descartes before the horse ...

• Mandy

Go right ahead and do that.

• Bob

Yeah. Imma sit here with Mandy and watch everyone else discussing.