Can an autistic, mentally Ill child's testimony stand up in court? ?

I have been accused of child abuse by my 13 year old step son. He is severely autistic and has mental health issues. The prosecutor wants his testimony but my attorney doesnt think itll hold up because of his conditions. They have no other evidence to even show probable cause. I'm innocent and would never harm anyone but my step son is being manipulated by his mother (shes evil) can that also be proven in court that hes being coached?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago
    Favourite answer

Where in the world are you that does not consider evidence from a Child Advocacy Center in a criminal case? Wow. Move back to civilization. Since there's no probable cause and everything you say is true, there's no warrant, no arrest, no summons, no case.

Source(s): Law 0.00001
    • ...Show all comments
    • Exoplanet
      Lv 7
      8 months agoReport

Lessee--probable cause is required for a warrant. Butcha say there is no probable cause. But probable cause is required for a warrant. Butcha say there is no probable cause. But probable cause is required for a warrant. Butcha say there is no probable cause.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Bruce
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Anyone is allowed to testify. Credibilty is determined by the jury. They will not allow him to be coached in the court room.

• 8 months ago

Possibly, that would depend on many factors.

• 8 months ago

Depends on his other mental problems. If his only problem is autism then it will hold up in Court as well as any other 13 y.o. If he has other mental problems that could make a difference. Although if he is being coached then a GOOD attorney should be able to break him down and show he is being coached on cross. A great attorney will be able to do it without causing sympathy to the "victim". I understand your attorney wanting to keep him from testifying, any attorney wants the easy case where there is going to be no evidence, but if your attorney is good it will either end from trying to suppress showing he is being coached OR showing it in Court.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 8 months ago

Autism doesn't interfere with his ability to know the truth...just to express it

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.