Jehovah's Witnesses: If the wages of sin is death, and there is no hell or purgatory, does that mean that Adolf Hitler will be in paradise?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 months ago
    Favourite answer

No. JW"s believe in annihilationism. This is the notion that the wicked dead will cease to exist. They die and are gone.

This does not align with scripture, which says that all will go to Hades (don't confuse Hades with Hell). At the end, God will remove the righteous dead from Hades and bring them into Heaven. The wicked dead will remain in Hades as God throws Hades into the lake of fire (Which is essentially Hell).

Nothing there states that they will cease to exist.

• ...Show all comments
    • Lioness
      Lv 5
      8 months agoReport

A was given because it was actually the best answer. You can’t see because you are in an Arian cult.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 8 months ago

It means Jesus makes the determination as to whom will be there.

• Nous
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Hence today I believe that I am acting in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator: by defending myself against the Jew, I am fighting for the work of the Lord. - Adolf Hitler

My feelings as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter.

- Adolf Hitler

As a Christian I have no duty to allow myself to be cheated, but I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice... And if there is anything which could demonstrate that we are acting rightly it is the distress that daily grows. For as a Christian I have also a duty to my own people. - Adolf Hitler

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

NO way man not even that

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • sarah
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Jesus said, "very few would be saved." So he is gone and will not have a resurrection. The wages of sin is death. Only those who have never had a chance to learn about God or the truth, will get a chance to come back. Or a righteous person, will be the only ones with a resurrection.

• TeeM
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

All judging has been given to Jesus.

All will stand before the judgment seat..

It will be his choice and not ours.

Edit:

You must not have been a very knowledgeable Witness.

*** w58 3/1 p. 159 Questions From Readers ***

Therefore Judas Iscariot, who betrayed the Lord Jesus Christ to his enemies, was called by Him the “son of perdition,” or “son of destruction”; meaning that Judas Iscariot was deserving of everlasting destruction and will not be favored with a resurrection. Judas betrayed Jesus to the scribes and Pharisees; and to these religious leaders Jesus said: “Serpents, offspring of vipers, how are you to flee from the judgment of Gehenna?” (John 17:12; 6:70, 71; Matt. 23:33; 10:28) Thus when vile, ungodly men, like those religious leaders, died they were destroyed both body and soul, because they would have no resurrection and would never live again as souls anywhere in God’s universe.

*** it-1 p. 855 Foreknowledge, Foreordination ***

God’s Son, who also could read the hearts of men (Mt 9:4; Mr 2:8; Joh 2:24, 25), was divinely endowed with powers of foreknowledge and foretold future conditions, events, and expressions of divine judgment. He foretold the judgment of Gehenna for the scribes and Pharisees as a class (Mt 23:15, 33) but did not say thereby that each individual Pharisee or scribe was foredoomed to destruction

*** w77 8/15 p. 506 pars. 15-16 “Have Salt in Yourselves” ***

So Gehenna became a symbol of everlasting destruction, as when Jesus said to the Jewish scribes and Pharisees: “Serpents, offspring of vipers, how are you to flee from the judgment of Gehenna?”—Matt. 23:33.

16 Those who are sentenced to Gehenna do not enter into the kingdom of God, either the heavenly rule with Christ or its earthly realm during the millennial reign of Christ. Those whom God sentences to Gehenna do not enter into life at all, even though having all their body members. Hence, Gehenna pictures the state of nonexistence, annihilation, destruction by the adverse judgment of God. Just as the hypocritical scribes and Pharisees of Jesus’ day stumbled themselves into Gehenna,

*** w65 2/15 p. 106 par. 24 For Whom There Are Resurrection Hopes ***

24 In the year 33 C.E., when Jesus was speaking about the “righteous blood spilled on earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah son of Barachiah,” he spoke of men then living who at death would go, not to Haʹdes or Sheol, but to another place, to Gehenna. For that reason it would mean “woe” to them. Who were those men? In the twenty-third chapter of Matthew, Jesus specified who they were, saying:

There will be some who are not in the "memorial tombs" but go straight to Gehenna. Is Hitler one of these?

Only Jehovah and Jesus know who they are.

Instead of worrying about Hitler you might start thinking of yourself.

*** w65 3/1 p. 141 pars. 18-19 Who Will Be Resurrected from the Dead? ***

However, the dedicated Christians who turn unfaithful and imitate those ancient people will suffer a punishment “more severe,” an everlasting destruction symbolized by “everlasting fire.”—Heb. 10:29.

19 By their writings both Peter and Jude were warning Christians against becoming liable to the “judgment of Gehenna” and thus being sentenced to everlasting destruction. This would mean that after they died they would have no resurrection.

• ...Show all comments
    • Brian
      Lv 5
      8 months agoReport

Lioness, that is not what is taught. We teach that Jesus judges. This is what we have always taught. Our hope is that all will be resurrected but we know that is not the case.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.