Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 8 months ago

What would Mike Pence be like as the US President? And in what ways would he be different as president than trump?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago

Pence would be less able to deal with the ruthlessly hostile media.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 8 months ago

He's saner than Trump, and not as polarizing .He also doesn't have much of a base, outside very evangelical circles. At this point a chimpanzee would be an improvement.

• 8 months ago

Pence is not a well regarded politician.  He became governor of Indiana and largely just rode the successful policies of his predecessor.  He's a social conservative who wants the government to enforce school prayer and other hobbyhorses that the public generally doesn't support.  But he's one of those RINO types on fiscal and economic policies who wants government to engage in industrial policy.

He became VP mostly because he was one of the earliest prominent GOP figures to enthusiastically endorse and flatter Trump.  Trump has admitted that the number one thing he looks for is loyalty to him.  Not competence.  Not ideas.  Not loyalty to the country.  Loyalty to Trump.  And Pence is a reflection of that.  He's a sycophant.

If Pence were to become POTUS, I think you'd see a more orderly and professionally run White House, but you'd also see a White House that would be less inclined to take chances on ideas.  For all my complaints about Trump (and I have many), he's had some pretty dang good subordinates from Gary Cohn to Don McGahn to Gottleib and a few others.  He fires alot of them, and others leave, but someone is feeding him names of people to hire, and whomever is doing that is sneaky good at their job.

But Pence would likely fill the executive with old school culture warriors who want to whine and cry about how awful it is that the country is less religious than they want it to be.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

See Handmaids tale for that

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.