Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 8 months ago

Why did a woman named Kelley Williams Bolar go to jail for lying about her residency to get her child in a better neighborhood school?

This woman lied about living in a certain district to get her child into a school in a safer neighborhood and a better education. I’m seriously confused as to why she got a 5 year prison sentence. I know that it is illegal but I thought the highest consequences was just expelling the child from the school. 5 years is very radical and extreme for something this little. But of course she was a black woman so that’s probably why she was sentenced to prison. The law enforcement in Ohio are pretty stupid and over did their job, what could they have possibly charged her with?

It was theft of service and filing a false legal document. That's why.

Some other circumstances have to be involved. I just can't believe a judge could get away with that.

• helene

She was found guilty of grand theft, that's why.

But she did not serve a five-year prison sentence. She served ten DAYS. In 2011.

Any of the spate of very recent articles about this 8-year-old case would have told you that. So I guess you're just a lying race-baiter.

• KaleyK

Why did Williams-Bolar got to jail? You answered that, she broke the law. Williams-Bolar violated Ohio state law. Falsifying documents is a crime. What you "thought" the consequences are is irrelevant. The law dictates consequences. Skin color is also irrelevant.

there were other charges involved.....so I'm guessing this story was just put out there to bait those who can only see things in terms of race to challenge them to recognize their own racism inherent in that kind of "thinking".....

...but we all know THAT's not gonna happen....right?