Lowes terrible customer service; is it fair to ask for a discount?

I ordered some flooring from Lowes, not even a lot. I just needed 5 boxes to cover 150sqft. This was an “instock” item and they didn’t have the item so I had to wait for it to come in. I was told that the flooring would arrive in about 4 days. I called 4 days later and nothing. I wait for them to call me and they... show more I ordered some flooring from Lowes, not even a lot. I just needed 5 boxes to cover 150sqft. This was an “instock” item and they didn’t have the item so I had to wait for it to come in. I was told that the flooring would arrive in about 4 days. I called 4 days later and nothing. I wait for them to call me and they never called me so 2 weeks pass by and I decide to visit the store and ask the manager about my order and they said that nobody ever knew anything about my order, my order popped up on their computer but nobody ever pulled it or did anything. They tell me that they lost the pallet that it was supposed to come in on as well and that they can try to re order my order but I’d have to wait a little longer. Now today 3 weeks later I call and they tell me that my order was ready for pick up. My thing is why did they never contact me first and if I never would’ve contacted first would I still be waiting? So my question is, is it fair to ask for a partial refund or discount? I waited 3 weeks, I had to go through the troubled of contacting them first and the seem to lack organization.