anon asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 8 months ago

What is your favorite movie and why?

I am making a movie myself and wanted to learn from random people

I don't have just 1 favorite but one of my favorites is Pretty in Pink. I like the movie because I relate to the girl's feelings and circumstances very much. Plus Andrew McCarthy is adorable.

Other movies I like very much are First Blood, First Blood part II, Rambo III and Rambo (2008). I like the action and blood n' guts. More than that I like Rambo's pure rage when stupid/evil people need elimination and that fight or flight instinct kicks in and he becomes a killing machine. I love it. I also appreciate how he portrayed the emotional/psychological struggles he and other veterans suffer from. I was impressed when he talks about the Vietnam vets being treated like scum by their own people and wishing veterans were loved and respected as much as they love their country. So many brainwashed hippy people don't understand why war is necessary and these movies explain that very well. War isn't the enemy. Those heathen scum countries who torture and kill their own people are the enemy.

• Betty

Upgrade....because it kept my eyes glued to the screen unlike most movies made these days.

• anon8 months agoReport

I haven't seen it but shall watch. Thanks for your comment. I usually find that older films are better because they have more experimental plot structures. Newer films usually follow similar structures by following:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plot_%28narrative%29#/media/File:Freytags_pyramid.svg

godfather 1 &2 seven samurai-marathon man-pulp fiction because they are fantastic

• anon8 months agoReport

Pulp-fiction is one of my favorites too. I really need to watch the godfather. I have been meaning to do that like my whole life. Thanks for the comment.

Airplane, it just never gets old and it's really funny.

• anon8 months agoReport

I have never seen it but shall watch. I usually prefer older movies.

Angry Men, The Life of the Others, Modern Times, Great Dictator....because they depicted also reality and criticism...and are not small-minded fiction

The Parent Trap

• anon8 months agoReport

I have not seen it. Is there anything you can say that you like about it?

"The Wizard of Oz"

Needs no justification..

• Joel

The Punisher (1989) because it has a ton of action and Dolph Lundgren as Frank Castle is such a bada$$

• anon8 months agoReport

You like the bada$$? hehe

"Set It Off" They all realized the truth in the end, they were already rich🖤

• anon8 months agoReport

I am intrigued! I want to see it!

So many greats, it's hard to pick one. I'll go with The Shawshank Redemption because it's got a great story, character arcs, script, actors, and even people that know nothing of prison can relate to the story.

• anon8 months agoReport

I am definately going to see this one.