Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 8 months ago

as a man, I don't understand why a lot of other men like to wear baseball caps or just caps in general. to me it looks juvenile and generic?

just something I noticed. a lot of grown a.s.s men like to wear caps casually

now I know anyone should wear anything if they please, but if you are taking about men who are trying to look attractive, stylish, or presentable. they should seriously ditch the stupid hat

hats may have a functional purpose in keeping the sun away from your face, but a lot of men don't wear it specifically just for that purpose. they wear it because they think it looks cool or its something just out of habit

I think more guys should learn how to dress better and stop looking like slobs

@loerr

I am not talking about bald men.

a lot of grown adult men with full head of hair too

as a woman i find it hot, i wish more men would do it

I don't understand why women wear high-heel shoes.

So what's your question? You want us to tell you why other man wear baseball caps? Everybody has their own reason. I am guessing they just like wearing it for no particular reason. Next time just ask some of them.

Realize when you think that they are wearing caps "because they think it looks cool" that you are presuming to be able to read their minds...when in fact they are thinking all sorts of different things.  And most of those things aren't about "looking cool" or even "looking good".  For the most part, it's NOT old men trying to look young.

Some have told me, essentially, that they wear them to "complete their look"  Others have explained that they "have always worn them since they were little".  (Some even relate that "Dad always wore a hat, so it just seems like what grown men do.) Still others say the got in the habit in the military (when outdoors in uniform, the cap is MANDATORY) so now they feel a little naked without something on their heads - and they're not going to spend money on anything fancier than a baseball cap.  And I've also hear older guys with bifocals say that the sun on that little line between the two lenses is very distracting, so they wear the cap to keep the sun off their bifocals...and the rain, too.  And, finally, there are those who feel a cap just hides some of the most embarrassing effects of aging.

• ricky

I was an a/c mech for 35 years. Brim blocks the sun. Cap keeps your head clean in the attic. I still play softball at 67, and there’s a big spot on my forehead where hair used to be.

I wear them sometimes to block my head from the blistering Phoenix sun in the summertime, if I'm outside for several hours.

because they are bald