Quiz: What was the Beatles First Album and who wrote the songs on it?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Tony B
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Best answer

Please Pleas Me.

Here's a link to all the tracks showing the composers (seems easier than just copying it out):

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Please_Please_Me

• mars
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

"My Bonnie With The Beatles" (1961).

• 2 months ago

The "Please Please Me" album. It was mostly recorded in one day (Mon., 11 Feb. 1963) & rush-released on 22 Mar. '63. A stereo version was released on 26 Apr. '63.

Its 14 tracks (common on U.K. albums - we generally got only 11 or 12 in N. America) included the two previously released singles ("Love Me Do/P.S.I Love You" - 5 Oct. '62, & "Please Please Me"/"Ask Me Why" - 11 Jan. '63 in U.K., 7 Feb. '63 in N. America). There were 10 tracks recorded on 11 Feb.

The album included what was the band's stage set at the time. 6 tracks were covers. One song was done by Ringo, 2 by George, the rest by either Lennon or McCartney or both of them.

We never saw this album in N. America until the mid-1970's. When the band became noted here, we got (in Canada) "Beatlemania! With The Beatles" (the 1st word added to the U.K. "With The Beatles" album). It was released here in mono only on 25 Nov. '63 ("With ..." was released on 22 Nov. in the U.K.). A stereo version was added until 1968

In the U.S., an album "Meet The Beatles" had 9 of the 14 tracks. The other 5 were on "The Beatles' Second Album.". Boy, Capitol really jacked around fans in those years!

• Hollis
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Please please me. John and Paul, though some songs were covers

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

The first album of Beatles is "Please Please Me". The most of songs wrote Paul McCartney and John Lennon.

• Andy Lucia
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

Six songs were NOT written by Lennon/McCartney but it was rushed out and made in less than a day

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.