who is responsible for damages to a lease car?
- zipperLv 65 months ago
The person that leased the vehicle is and the insurance company he/she had!
- roderick_youngLv 75 months ago
1. Whatever a court decides. Or, if no trial,
2. Whatever the insurance companies decide. Or, if no insurance,
3. The person who caused the damage. Or, if uncertain or unknown,
4. The person who leased the car, by default.
- BortLv 65 months ago
The person at fault for the damage.
- DEBSLv 75 months ago
I'm amazed at how many wrong answers are here. Simplythefacts is right. It's the person found at fault. If the driver of the leased vehicle was in a crash and found to not be at fault, they are not responsible for the damage. In that case it would be the other driver and/or their insurance company.
If the person who leases the car found to be at fault, then they are responsible although they typically have insurance just like they do for their personal vehicle.
- What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
- oklatomLv 75 months ago
Whomever is found at fault for the damages.
- JudyLv 75 months ago
The person who leases it - read your contract
- wind_updollLv 75 months ago
The lessee, who’s hopefully covered by insurance, same as any car.
- 5 months ago
the vehicle you're leasing will still be covered by the manufacturer's warranty, so you won't have to foot the bill for expensive repairs.
- JonZLv 75 months ago
The person who is leasing the car!
- TavyLv 75 months ago
You are if you are leasing it.