Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentCivic Participation · 8 months ago

Is the reason why China is not budging on the trade talks is because they replaced Americans as customers already?

Update:

How many people live in Africa and India?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago

AMERICA IS THE BIGGEST MARKET IN THE WORLD, I THINK THEY WOULD HAVE A HARD TIME REPLACING IT

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 8 months ago

The U.S. economy is the largest in the world. There's no way it wouldn't hurt China.

The reason China isn't budging is because they're waiting to see if Trump is reelected.

• 8 months ago

America focuses on the quick fix. Other cultures tend to focus more on the long term. My guess is that the Chinese are willing to take a short term hit in trade in order to wait out the next election. My guess is that they reason that if a Democrat wins, they can get a much better deal.

• 8 months ago

It is hurting China ,though it has a lot of "fat" to live on.

They think the Americans will ultimately blink , because Trump ultimately has public opinion and an election to deal with .

In the mean time , America (like everyone else) should be investing rapidly in its own production capabilities , to reduce its dependency on Chinese goods.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 months ago

So, they found a hidden country of 340 million people with the exact same wealth as America? There is a finite number of buyers for an economy as large as China’s. Truth is both America and China are hurting but America is used to occasional recessions. China hasn’t experienced a contracting economy since the 1980’s and are likely terrified of how their people will react. 

• 8 months ago

They are very prideful and tariffs don't hurt the leaders of the country.

• 8 months ago

No it's because they're stubborn.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.