Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 8 months ago

Do liberals realize how silly it is to fear open carry?

First of all, as a gun owner, I do believe that open carry is a bad idea, but not for the reason you think.

It puts a target on my back if I do. In a dangerous situation, Id be the first guy the criminal wants to take out. That is also why I dont wear any NRA or firearm branded apparel, because it is a dead giveaway you are packing heat.

That being said, I sure do not fear people who open carry.

1. Criminals do not open carry these days. For obvious reasons. Not all who carry concealed are criminals, but all armed criminals carry concealed.

If you insist on fearing guns, you should fear the ones you CANT see.

2. If you see someone in a grocery store with a property holstered firearm, pushing around a cart and picking out a breakfast cereal, it takes a special kind of stupid to think based on their actions that they intend to shoot you.

3. And what if they did throw their shirt over the gun? Does a milimeter of fabric make you feel safer? Sucks to be ypu if it doesn't because...

4. Concealed carry is very common. I guarantee, you see someone who is carrying a gun virtually every time you go out in public. You just don't know it.

Those people are very unlikely to be a criminal, but they are waaaay MORE likely to be a criminal than someone who is carrying openly.

if they realized there is no gun problem, then they would realize that there is actually a: n i g g e r problem

• jimmy

I don't fear open carry, because it's illegal in my country.

• TB12

Walking around with a gun on your belt in full view is very much a form of passive aggressive behavior..

"I have a gun, what are you going to do about it"

• Thorn

I'm glad I don't live in fear like you do

Sure, they might not be a criminal - but the psychology of someone who feels the need to broadcast that they've got a very big and dangerous weapon to the world is not the psychology of someone with a full deck of cards. They are quite obviously pretty unstable. They are likely fully aware that they will be a target - and that is what they want. They want an excuse to shoot someone.

Would getting rid of open carry make them stable? No.

Would reforming gun legislation help the situation? Probably.

I agree, especially here in Phoenix, when I see someone open carry I am nearly 100% certain they are at worst a legal, partially responsible gun owner or better. People that plan to commit a crime, are gonna target you first no doubt,

No. There are shootings everyday in the U.S.. If you have a gun in a holster or in your bag or something, that's fine. If you are holding your gun in your hand, it's sticking out of your pocket, or it's somewhere where it looks like you recently used it or plan on using it, you had best believe I'm calling the police. Same goes for knives, crossbows, explosives, etc. You shouldn't have those out in the open in public. Stay out of nice neighborhoods if you're going to have those things. You look like a thug. This is why I would never live in ghetto, rural, or trailer park America.

How many more gun murders per capita does America have, compared to GREAT nations, that put a stop to insanity?

Do conservatives not realize that people are getting shot and killed?  And more guns doesn't seem to be preventing that.  

How do you want to reduce random murders?  Or do you?

Open carry is not a bad idea. But Gun Free Zones signs are a absolutely worthless.