Do liberals realize how silly it is to fear open carry?

First of all, as a gun owner, I do believe that open carry is a bad idea, but not for the reason you think. It puts a target on my back if I do. In a dangerous situation, Id be the first guy the criminal wants to take out. That is also why I dont wear any NRA or firearm branded apparel, because it is a dead... show more First of all, as a gun owner, I do believe that open carry is a bad idea, but not for the reason you think.

It puts a target on my back if I do. In a dangerous situation, Id be the first guy the criminal wants to take out. That is also why I dont wear any NRA or firearm branded apparel, because it is a dead giveaway you are packing heat.

That being said, I sure do not fear people who open carry.

1. Criminals do not open carry these days. For obvious reasons. Not all who carry concealed are criminals, but all armed criminals carry concealed.

If you insist on fearing guns, you should fear the ones you CANT see.

2. If you see someone in a grocery store with a property holstered firearm, pushing around a cart and picking out a breakfast cereal, it takes a special kind of stupid to think based on their actions that they intend to shoot you.

3. And what if they did throw their shirt over the gun? Does a milimeter of fabric make you feel safer? Sucks to be ypu if it doesn't because...

4. Concealed carry is very common. I guarantee, you see someone who is carrying a gun virtually every time you go out in public. You just don't know it.

Those people are very unlikely to be a criminal, but they are waaaay MORE likely to be a criminal than someone who is carrying openly.