pogo asked in SportsOutdoor RecreationCamping · 2 months ago

2019 Tacoma TRD off road four door long bed.?

I am going camping next month, so I am looking for recommendations for a truck tent, I have budget of $200.

• Jerry

1. That's a mighty tight budget. Do you also have money for insulative sleeping pads?

2. What is the bed of your truck like? I doubt it's flat and smooth like a floor.

3. I think you're better off with a regular tent. I've seen a lot of those tents that are on a truck bed, on the side of a van, and so on. Nobody I talked to was particularly happy with it.

REI (and probably other vendors) is having it's "summer's over" sales about now, so you can probably get a pretty good tent for $200. Good luck.

I would recommend using a regular tent. I used to sleep in a van when hunting but never a truck tent.

A small tent is very cheap if you do your homework.

• Jerry

Even a 4 person or larger tent can be had for under $200 at REI. Probably other vendors too.

This is about your price range.

• Adam D

I get a coupon for a free one every other month from Harbor Freight...

• Adam D

Almost all of the ones I see on Amazon fit your budget. Unless you have someone that you know who has used a specific brand, I'd find ones that fit your truck and go with the one that has the best online reviews.

Buy it used-----