pogo asked in SportsOutdoor RecreationCamping · 2 months ago

2019 Tacoma TRD off road four door long bed.?

I am going camping next month, so I am looking for recommendations for a truck tent, I have budget of $200.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Jerry
    Lv 6
    2 months ago
    Best answer

1. That's a mighty tight budget. Do you also have money for insulative sleeping pads?

2. What is the bed of your truck like? I doubt it's flat and smooth like a floor.

3. I think you're better off with a regular tent. I've seen a lot of those tents that are on a truck bed, on the side of a van, and so on. Nobody I talked to was particularly happy with it.

REI (and probably other vendors) is having it's "summer's over" sales about now, so you can probably get a pretty good tent for $200. Good luck.

• 2 months ago

I would recommend using a regular tent. I used to sleep in a van when hunting but never a truck tent.

A small tent is very cheap if you do your homework.

• Jerry
      Lv 6
      2 months agoReport

Even a 4 person or larger tent can be had for under $200 at REI. Probably other vendors too.

• 2 months ago

This is about your price range.

Attachment image
    • Adam D
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

I get a coupon for a free one every other month from Harbor Freight...

• Adam D
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Almost all of the ones I see on Amazon fit your budget. Unless you have someone that you know who has used a specific brand, I'd find ones that fit your truck and go with the one that has the best online reviews.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Buy it used-----

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.