What happens if you eat a Silica Gel packet?
- Dr WLv 710 months ago
you die and get buried or cremated and earn a Darwin award along the way.
- Anonymous10 months ago
Enjoy it with a Tide Pod chaser.
- JimLv 710 months ago
If silica is harmless to eat, why do the packets carry a warning? The answer is that some silica contains toxic additives. For example, silica gel beads may contain poisonous and potentially carcinogenic cobalt(II) chloride, which is added as a moisture indicator. You can recognize silica containing cobalt chloride because it will be colored blue (dry) or pink (hydrated). Another common moisture indicator is methyl violet, which is either orange (dry) or green (hydrated). Methyl violet is a mutagen and mitotic poison.
While you can expect most silica you encounter to be non-toxic, ingestion of a colored product warrants a call to Poison Control.
- Roger the MoleLv 710 months ago
- What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
- BrianLv 710 months ago
You go for a Tide Pod as dessert.
- Barkley HoundLv 710 months ago
The small amount in one package would probably have no effect.
- As Mad As BirdsLv 710 months ago
Not much. You might get diarrhea.
- Pearl LLv 710 months ago
i would do it,it could make you really sick