Your opinion, is Munition System a good job in the Air Force?

AFSC: 2W031

My recruiter offered me this job, and he said it's a good career field. I did my research on this job you make ammo and build bombs. The job doesn't really interest me so I'm not sure if I should accept or decline. I just need some references or opinions if I should reject or take the job.

• JetDoc
    1 year ago

Unless you have some SERIOUS interest in the career field, you need to look at other options. Hopefully, you're not going to be in the service for the rest of your life and you need to think about what you want to do when you are a civilian again. Try to find a military career that can give you experience toward that civilian job.

Source(s): 21 years active duty service in the US Air Force. Retired E7.
  • 1 year ago

Vet here. 1993-1997. I was an ammo troop. I enjoyed it, went TDY to many places, still am friends with some people I worked with to this day. But, find something that interests you, will make your military career a lot more enjoyable

• 1 year ago

Sure, but if you are not interested then you should find something that would be more preferable.

• ZZ
    1 year ago

No. Decline it, see what else is on offer.

An “open” aptitude area enlistment contract would even be better.

• ricky
    1 year ago

I was an aviation ordinance man in the Navy. Your career would only exist if you remained in the military. Possibly a defense contractor like Ratheon or Northrop.

• 1 year ago

I wouldn't do it, its the lowest level job in the munitions field

my roommate did that job on my last assignment in Guam, he worked at the bomb factory, where they brought in old bombs, took them apart and reconditioned them and put them back outside on pallets.

1 year ago

don't usually make ammo and build bombs. You keep track of where the ammo and bombs are, and how many you have, and how many go out each month, etc... You set up shipments for loading onto trucks, maybe drive a forklift, or load merchandise into crates, label, scanning etc.. It's a standard logistics job such as you would perform in the shipping department of an industrial equipment manufacturer or even a retailer like costco. If you have a highschool degree but not college it's good experience.

• 1 year ago

You have to ask yourself with that type of experience how it would apply outside of the military. You'll end up unloading trucks or serving coffee.

1 year ago

I never served in the military so take this advice with a grain of salt but unless you plan on making a career out of the Air Force you should also consider how marketable those job skills will be in the civilian world when you leave the service.