Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 2 months ago

Should I bring up this dark past situation to my girlfriend?

We've been dating for 5 months total, exclusive for 1 month, and haven't had sex. 3 weeks into our exclusiveness, she asked "how far do you go physically in dating?" I said I'm waiting for marriage on everything. She said the same. However, I have a deep dark secret that I lost my virginity to an escort in Germany. I was so disgusted (didn't ever finish, I ran out) and I never did it again. I saw her question was "dating"-related and everyone I ever dated, I saved for marriage. I still feel like I omitted a key fact, since she might be assuming I'm a virgin. Should I bring up the escort experience from 5 yrs ago, something that doesn't define who I am today? I feel so guilty/nauseated and untruthful.

Be honest. She'll find out eventually, and it's better that she knows now when it will be less painful for her.

Tell her the truth. It's best to just be open with it and if she really cares then she'll be fine with it.