Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 8 months ago

Anti gun crowd: I have a simple question for you?

If on this night, both your home and mine is broken into by a dangerous criminal, which of us gets the better deal?

• Piero

I lose my TV. You get shot with your own gun. AND lose your TV.

I do, because I live. If a dangerous criminal breaks into the home of a person who has a gun, then the dangerous criminal has to kill the person who has the gun. If a dangerous criminal breaks into the home of a person without a gun, the the dangerous criminal can steal or commit whatever other crimes the dangerous criminal desires, but leave the victim alive.

Being alive is a better deal than being dead.

See that's where you err. We libs have our guns for self defense just like you cons. What we don't have are weapons of mass killings because we don't intend to go out and kill masses of people. Which makes me wonder just what masses of people do you intend to kill?

I own a SandW Model 60 revolver and I've taken two NRA gun safety courses. My ammo is .357 hollow points. Oh and I belong to the local gun range where I've been twice this past year. And I shoot a really tight little pattern; so I'm guessing I'll do just fine in your scenario.

Don't misunderstand us libs; we will defend ourselves.

Source(s): Gun owner.

i dont think anyone gets a good deal

I escape out the window and call 911. The police station is less than a mile from my house. You shoot and kill someone and have to go to court, and potentially spend time in prison as well as dealing with civil suits. You also have to deal with the mental and emotional consequences of committing murder or nearly doing so.

Rush Limbaugh or some such idiot told you that anyone who favors gun control actually wants to remove all guns. And you believed it!! That assumption makes you ask silly questions like this one.

The fact that I oppose assault rifles and 100 round magazines (as used by the Dayton OH shooter) doesn't mean I oppose all gun ownership. So I have a simple question for you: do you believe what Rush says about people who have answered you here, or do you believe us?

Addressing your question, I have to balance the odds of a murderous intruder against the odds of an angry drunk teenager or a depressed teenager. Did you know most suicide attempts are cries for help? Guns can turn cries for help into into irreversible tragedies. Most gun killings are suicides. Most non-suicide killings are crimes of passion. The clean self defense killings are quite rare.

In short, the scenario that made you want a gun isn't often the scenario in which it gets fired.

Stats support me. Guns r seldom helpful..and so often tragically harmful

I'll use my Sig P226 to neutralize the threat.

Hardly anybody is anti-gun, but most people are anti-semiautomatic rifle.

You will spend decades in jail for shooting someone even though your life was not endangered. The law does NOT allow people to shoot intruders unless their lives are in danger.

Nobody is "Anti-gun" so this is a moot question.

• Actual Llewen

If you wanna take my assault rifle, you are anti-gun.