Which Album Would You Buy First The Rolling Stones "Let It Bleed" Led Zeppelin Debut Or The Doors Debut Or Pink Floyd Dark Side Of The Moon?

29 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

all at the same time (I already have Dark side of the moon).

• 2 months ago

Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon

• 2 months ago

Led Zeppelin Debut!

• 2 months ago

Dark Side Of The Moon

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

i've got all of these, and the one i listen to most often is let it bleed. so i suppose that one.

• 2 months ago

Huge fan of all bands, but “Let It Bleed” is mostly post-Brian Jones, and apart from a couple great songs, is a very boring album.

And “Dark Side of the Moon” is post-Syd Barrett, and while it’s an album everyone should hear at least once, it lacks the improvisation and experimental qualities of Pink Floyd’s earlier work, as well as has a very simplified rhythm section which lacks the energy of their earlier work.

So my answer is a tie between The Doors debut and the Led Zeppelin debut.

If you want to hear The Stones at their best, get “Aftermath” (the Stones’ first album with no cover versions), and “Their Satanic Majesties Request” (their psychedelic album). Both albums feature a lot of input and instrumentation from their founder Brian Jones.

If you want to hear Pink Floyd at their best, get “The Piper at the Gates of Dawn” (their debut with original guitarist and songwriter Syd Barrett, best heard as the mono mix), and “Meddle” (the album with the song “Echoes”, their best song without Syd).

• Beau Jest
      Lv 5
      2 months agoReport

Well I agree so that makes two of us. It's a bunch of OK tracks bookended by 2 great ones. I like Sticky Fingers and Beggars banquet best of their albums, although I think they were more of a great singles band.

• Lolly
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Dark side of the moon

• 2 months ago

Tough, but Pink Floyd

• 2 months ago

Led Zeppelin 1st album. It's their best one imo. All those other bands made better albums.

• 2 months ago

Purchasing any of those would be redundant to me. I would go for something more obscure like "The Night Watch" by King Crimson.

Source(s): nothing
Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.