Right to refuse service?

Earlier today had a reservation for a storage unit. I walked in and told the woman at the front desk I had a reservation. She asked my name, looked on her computer and said she didn’t see anything. I told her I have the confirmation in my email, she didn’t care to look and said to come back tomorrow. I started... show more Earlier today had a reservation for a storage unit. I walked in and told the woman at the front desk I had a reservation. She asked my name, looked on her computer and said she didn’t see anything. I told her I have the confirmation in my email, she didn’t care to look and said to come back tomorrow. I started expressing how I drove all the way there in the uhaul already and it’s packed to the max. With growing frustration I asked for a supervisor, she then said “I won’t be renting a storage unit to you and get out” I asked why she said because I was being “rude.” I then said I’m not leaving until I speak to someone higher up than you. She responds with “I’m calling the police”.....
The police come and diffuse the situation, told me all businesses have a right to refuse service. Is this a legal refusal or discrimination?? Please help!