how long is section 8 waiting lease i applied july 2018 so how long should i wait?

• Erik

I've heard it can take years, since there are so many ******* deadbeats who want the government to take care of them.

I'd give it a shot, but here in California I applied and was granted a Section 8 voucher within 6 months. Then again, I was seeing a shrink at the time and they pushed our family to the top of the list.

It was useless. No landlord would accept it in the Bay Area.

• Judy

depends on where you are. Section 8 wait lists are often years.

• Sara5 months agoReport

i live very close to the rental offiece i live in VA Fairfax,VA

• Maxi

You need to ask who you applied to, to see how long their list is and where you are on that list

It depends completely on where you live & who you know & your disability. Some places take years like where I live in Southern California, but I spoke with someone who had a place within six months. I don't know how he managed to get one that quick.

• Sara5 months agoReport

I live in Fairfax,VA can they help someone with disabillity but i live very close to rental offiece

• R P

Call your local Section 8 office and ask THEM. No one on Yahoo Answers is going to know, especially since you neglected to disclose your area.

Source(s): FL landlord

Where? How many people ahead of you and what is the average rate at which they move through the list?

Call the local administrator...

Could take years, I heard disabled people get moved up to top of list, not sure if being homleses or having kids moves someone up the list.

• anonymous5 months agoReport

I knew a lady with MS & they wouldn't move her up the list. She had to rent a real small one bdrm apartment & she had a teenage son. Then you hear of other people not disabled & then get place really quick. It's not fair as pretty much most things in life aren't.

10 years in some areas

That depends on where you are. Most places it is a couple of years at least.

• Sara5 months agoReport

Fairfax.VA