how long is section 8 waiting lease i applied july 2018 so how long should i wait?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Erik
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

I've heard it can take years, since there are so many ******* deadbeats who want the government to take care of them.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

I'd give it a shot, but here in California I applied and was granted a Section 8 voucher within 6 months. Then again, I was seeing a shrink at the time and they pushed our family to the top of the list.

It was useless. No landlord would accept it in the Bay Area.

• Judy
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

depends on where you are. Section 8 wait lists are often years.

• Sara5 months agoReport

i live very close to the rental offiece i live in VA Fairfax,VA

• Maxi
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

You need to ask who you applied to, to see how long their list is and where you are on that list

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago

It depends completely on where you live & who you know & your disability. Some places take years like where I live in Southern California, but I spoke with someone who had a place within six months. I don't know how he managed to get one that quick.

• Sara5 months agoReport

I live in Fairfax,VA can they help someone with disabillity but i live very close to rental offiece

• R P
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Call your local Section 8 office and ask THEM. No one on Yahoo Answers is going to know, especially since you neglected to disclose your area.

Source(s): FL landlord
  • 5 months ago

Where? How many people ahead of you and what is the average rate at which they move through the list?

Call the local administrator...

• 5 months ago

Could take years, I heard disabled people get moved up to top of list, not sure if being homleses or having kids moves someone up the list.

• anonymous5 months agoReport

I knew a lady with MS & they wouldn't move her up the list. She had to rent a real small one bdrm apartment & she had a teenage son. Then you hear of other people not disabled & then get place really quick. It's not fair as pretty much most things in life aren't.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

10 years in some areas

• 5 months ago

That depends on where you are. Most places it is a couple of years at least.

• Sara5 months agoReport

Fairfax.VA

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.