Is it true that most drug users commit other crimes to support their habits?

I saw an episode of COPS where a police officer claims that all of the burglaries, robberies & home invasions are caused by drug users.

Friend when you have a drug habit most thing that is important to you is getting more drugs you will beg you will borrow you will steal to get money to purchase your drug. You willeven dress up nice and go to church so that you can being good with people that have money drug addiction is a deep-seated web of deception. And most of our crimes out there are based on drug use. Drugs either need to be made totally legal and thus dirt cheap! So that the drug addicts can kill themselves. Are we need to go about making drug use a capital offense and round up people that selling used drugs and execute them. they are causing the biggest burden in society to all of us. I say make drugs legal make them dirt cheap and even give drugs to the people in the prisons. Let them cure their own problem. Because what we're doing now isn't working.

• P & W8 months agoReport

They get them in ADC, anyway. I coulda got Heroin in thee, if I wanted to pay $$ for it.

You are SPOT ON G the C, isn't he/she Stanley? HE/SHE SURE IS. ;-)

• rick

Most drug users are functional. If they get their "medication", they live otherwise normal lives. Most addicts are addicted to prescription drugs and get them at their drug store, legally.

COPS looks scripted, and does not seem to reflect real life.

• Archer

A high percentage is.

it is true that most do commit crimes to finance their habit

some yes because they can't hold down jobs and have to steal from the rest of us to support their habits.

• P & W8 months agoReport

Most "addicts" are to legal, Prescription Oxycotin. They get it free from County programs.

I have a friend who does coke. He pays for it with the money he makes from his job, and he doesn't seem to do anything stupid (read:illegal) while he's using. I don't think he's "standard", but that's what I've seen from him.

drug user will do anything to get drugs even commit crimes.