Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 8 months ago

Why do Christians believe the prophet Jesus is the son of God?

The Quran literally says he isn't. Can't they read?

"the Bible is older"

It's also corrupt, the Quran was given to us as a correction of corrupt texts.

The problem is that the Quran is wrong on that point. I have learned for myself that Jesus Christ is the begotten son of God, through witnesses of truth from the Holy Ghost. You should, too. It's the logical thing to do.

• antonius

"I have learned for myself that Jesus Christ is the begotten son of God, through witnesses of truth from the Holy Ghost."  "  It's the logical thing to do."  What you did to yourself is known as self-hypnosis.

• Git

If the bible can be corrupted, why can’t the same be said of the Quran?

Prophet Muhammad proclaimed a prophecy from Allah in Sura an-Najm (Star) 53:19-22. The Prophet later claimed the prophecy was actually from Satan, who came to him disguised as a messenger from Allah.

How many other verses in the Quran was likewise contaminated? No one will ever know for sure.

• antonius

Yes, and you could not make a whole truth from the two books of fables even if you made them into one book.

• d00ney

God has no son according to the Quran. It is beyond his majesty to do so. He has neither wife nor son. Those who say he has a son are liars.

O People of the Book! Commit no excesses in your religion: Nor say of Allah aught but the truth. Christ Jesus the son of Mary was (no more than) an apostle of Allah, and His Word, which He bestowed on Mary, and a spirit proceeding from Him: so believe in Allah and His apostles. Say not "Trinity" : desist: it will be better for you: for Allah is one Allah. Glory be to Him: (far exalted is He) above having a son. To Him belong all things in the heavens and on earth. And enough is Allah as a Disposer of affairs. - 4:171(Y. Ali)

Look at this. It starts off with Christ Jesus. It does not say Jesus, it says Christ Jesus. In Jesus we have Yah Saves or God is my Saviour. It is another form of Joshua or Yeshua. This is the Saviour God has provided. In Christ we have the anointed of God. The thought behind that is of chosen, approved, set apart for the purpose. So even before we get to the Son of Mary, the Quran has made confession to the uniqueness of Jesus, the Christ, whether it intended to or not. Here we have the son of Mary, so presumably we do not get confused and think he is the Son of God. But here we know that Mary was chosen by God, and we clearly identify her son Jesus as Jesus of Nazareth, King of the Jews, as declared by Pontius Pilate.

Having then bestowed on Jesus the title of Christ, surely he is more than merely an apostle. The first message that the Apostles took of the Lord Jesus, the Christ was Christ was. Jesus is the Christ, the promised Messiah, you have crucified him, but God has raised him from the dead.

However, when it came to those who had no expectation of a Messiah, the message was Jesus is Lord, and will be the final judge, the man whom God has raised from the dead.

God did not command Jesus into existence. That is the assumption the Quran makes and it erroneous. If that assumption were true your case would be valid. We have a Scripture Isaiah 9:6

To us a child is born

to us a son is given.

Now this is not merely saying it is a boy. We recognise the son is a gift. A child grows to be a man, but a son is always a son. Whenever the Lord Jesus spoke of his authority he used the term Son of Man. The Son of Man is not associated with the baby in Bethlehem but rather with the Ancient of Days, with him who was from the beginning. I have little difficulty in concluding the Son given is the Son of God who is eternal with God.

I would venture that historically at the conception of the Quran, the Christian Church, especially Rome was somewhat corrupt and Mohammed was eager for a purity and simplicity in religion. There are others that hold that view and regard the Church’s teachings including the Trinity a result of pagan influences. As much of Quran is an anti-christian rant and denies the Trinity, the incarnation, and the resurrection, and replaces it with an uncertain hope, based on one’s ability to ascribe no partners to Allah, and accepting Mohammed as his prophet.

And what do those who follow Islam claim. It makes sense. Or are they really saying it is not beyond human understanding, and what is beyond human comprehension must be false.

If I were not to say Trinity then I deny the love of God. For it is in Trinity that the love of God is expressed to me. Islam knows of no such intimacy.

• antonius

The Q'uran copied from the Bible and both are nothing but false tales designed to keep control of their peoples.

The bible is about 600 years older than your Q'uran, and neither one is presenting truth.

• antonius

The bible is nothing but a book of indoctrination methods, lies to control persons like you, who would believe it. To learn the truth about the bible, you need to dig deep into various other histories. Therefore, you do not know because you have not done the research. You are brainwashed believer.

• Paul

because He clearly demonstrated that He was God, by constantly doing things only God could do, and He designated God the Father as His Father, which makes Him God's Son.

• antonius

LMAO! "he designated God" That is funny.

Christians believe Jesus is God the Son. The Quran being heresy, we don't care what it says.

Source(s): Greek Orthodox Christian
    • antonius

Those so-called prophecies in the NT are nothing but  plagiarization of the OT, and none of them are about  the Jesus character.

They’re reading a different reference book where this is the truth they choose to ascribe to.

APPARENTLY YOU CAN'T READ JESUS HIMSELF I AND MY FATHER ARE ONE! THE QURAN IS NOT THE BIBLE

• antonius

That is a real man speaking, not a fictional Jesus or god.

The problem is that the Bible says that Jesus IS God, and not only does the Bible pre-date the Quran, but some of its inspired scribes warn believers of doctrines like those of Islam.

My Arabic is not good and we're supposed to read the Qur'an in the original, but I have read the Arberry version. I know what that says about Christ. I also know the huge difference letting Christ into my life made, and it certainly doesn't seem like I'm just reading words on a page there, even when I've been alone, i.e. not involved with other worshippers. So there's definitely something special about Christ that isn't like a prophet.

• antonius

That's also called delusion.