How to deal with an impending diagnosis?

I've been waiting for a diagnosis on a vision impairment disease since June. I've seen multiple specialists and gotten multiple tests and they still don't know why my vision is worsening. I have another appointment in two weeks with a new specialist and I'm really going crazy waiting. Do you have any advice on how to cope with a pending diagnosis? Especially when it's taking so long to come to a conclusion for something as heavy as losing my eyesight.

• Andy C

Hey! I went blind and it wasn't so bad. When I woke from the coma, it looked like I was wearing sunglasses and two weeks later, I had blind spots that occluded everything except for the peripheral vision.

It was certainly weird, but I shouldn't have woken up at all, so I figured that I dodged a huge bullet but got hit by some shrapnel.

Always try to find the silver lining in every cloud. Look for the humor. Don't just sit there and count your losses; sit there and count your wins.

Can you breathe? I couldn't, durning and after the coma. Can you walk? Not me. Can you sit up on your own? You guessed it, me, no.

My mind somehow remained intact and I always had my sense of self.

Now, after 7 years of recovery (that hasn't finished), I walk, talk, sing, hold my new baby and those all weren't the worst things that happened by a long shot.

You are wading in to the wave pool that I was thrown into at the deep end. Don't give up just bc your toes are wet.