Do police abuse dogs?

The police train dogs to be vicious and attack people on command, isn't this abuse? Also I hear drug sniffing dogs only get food when the find drugs but I don't know if this one is true. are these true? Why am I not allowed to train a dog to attack on command?

• james

If you mean sport shoot them because they want to. Or to impress people they are the cops. Yes police in the U.S. abuse many dogs & there owners for those reasons. Why the humain society does not step in is beyond me with the record the cops have of this & demand prison time for it. Or if just train a dog to act like a cop? That is legal. It don't take much to train dogs to be aggressive.

No. In fact, a police dog is considered a licensed officer, Gets same respect.

I met a guy who said he'd been suicidal, called 911. He was walking Away from the cops, TPD Sicked their dog on him. Dog bit his arm, he shook it off. They tried to charge him with"assaulting an officer", he checked records; dog back in service in an hour ; he beat the charge. An assault requires a look see by intern or at hospital and photographing of visible wound, documentation. None of this happened.

• `

It costs approximately $12,000 to $15,000 to train a police dog. I hardly think police officers would abuse any animal.

Police dogs are not abused little troll

I don't believe police abuse their dogs. They are too important in their work. Anyway you forgot to mention that only when it is determined that a dog is needed to protect the criminal or the officers, will the dog be released. And this criminal has shown violence.

• Ron

You seem to be somewhat on the stupid side. None of those "questions" are true

No police dogs are not abused. And police dogs are not trained to attack people unless they are running or unless they are aggressive towards their handler.