Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 8 months ago

Is ignorance a sin?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Kin
    Lv 6
    8 months ago
    Favourite answer

To some level, it is. Ignorance is a disease and a harmful one. The cure for ignorance is knowledge, and wisdom. One should seek knowledge from God and many other things especially wisdom.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Anonymous
    8 months ago

I am not sure, but it should be a sin.

• 8 months ago

No since satan and sin only exist in the depraved religious mindset

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

Yes. The fear of God is the beginning of knowledge. Choosing to fear God is the beginning of wisdom. Ignorance is a choice. If you choose to remain ignorant, you will be treated as ignorant.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 8 months ago

"And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent" (Acts 17:30)!

NO EXCUSE!

"According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue" (II Peter 1:3).

14 "How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent?..." (Romans 10:14-15).

"And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues" (I Corinthians 12:28).

11 "And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ" (Ephesians 4:11-13).

THERE IS NO EXCUSE!

EITHER YOU BELIEVE OR YOU DON'T (John 3:16)!

• 8 months ago

No.

It is actually recommended in order to keep believing.

Knowledge and information are poisons to a religious mind.

• 8 months ago

Probably willful ignorance. Its one thing to be unknowingly ignorant but its another thing to willfully remain in that state when you kmow that the truth is out there and people have been warning you. If you take no actions to the warning you are now chosing to be ignorant.

Hosea 4:6

“My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.”

Zechariah 7

9 Thus speaketh the LORD of hosts, saying, Execute true judgment, and shew mercy and compassions every man to his brother:

10 And oppress not the widow, nor the fatherless, the stranger, nor the poor; and let none of you imagine evil against his brother in your heart.

11 But they refused to hearken, and pulled away the shoulder, and stopped their ears, that they should not hear.

12 Yea, they made their hearts as an adamant stone, lest they should hear the law, and the words which the LORD of hosts hath sent in his spirit by the former prophets: therefore came a great wrath from the LORD of hosts.

13 Therefore it is come to pass, that as he cried, and they would not hear; so they cried, and I would not hear, saith the LORD of hosts:

• 8 months ago

When it is "intentional" ... yes ignorance is a sin.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

Wilful ignorance is.

• geezer
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

No.

The ''seven sins'' are:

Gluttony

Greed

Sloth

Lust

Pride

Envy

Anger

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.