lost asked in Consumer ElectronicsTVs · 1 year ago

Best 55 inch 4k smart tv?

Sony , Samsung , LG ?

• 1 year ago

I have a samsung and it’s a piece of crap. Almost 3 years and it’s on the fritz. I am not going to buy another Samsung tv.

I know someone who has the lg oled and he has burnt in or ghosting images.

I had a Sony 46” 3D tv and it had no problems. The only reason I switched to Samsung was for the curved screen and it was way cheaper than Sony.

• 1 year ago

That’s really subjective as to what you think is the best TV.

I personally think OLED is the best, while it can’t get as bright as some of the higher end LEDs, those higher end LEDs can’t compare to the pure black level an OLED can produce and the contrast level of an OLED is phenomenal.

So I would recommend the LG C9P OLED. It has HDMI 2.1, supports variable refresh rate, Dolby Vision HDR, and its WebOS system is so easy to use. Plus, it has a wide viewing angle so you don’t lose color and clarity when watching from the side.

If you’re hesitant to purchase OLED because of the fear of burn in, which isn’t an issue because I have one and play games on it all the time, then it’s a toss up.

Samsung Q80R and up have a fantastic color gamut and have a great local dimming system that is close to what OLED can do... but isn’t as great as OLED. Plus, this also has a wide viewing area like LG’s OLED thanks to its optical layer. The problem for me is lack HDMI 2.1 and Dolby Vision HDR.

• 1 year ago

LG 4K ips tv I think they are around 449$ at walmart

• 1 year ago

I think a Samsung or an LG or even a Sanyo TV is good.

• 1 year ago

I am very pleased with my Samsung. That said, you are very likely to be happy with any of those brands.

• 1 year ago

LG OLED.

It's smart is based on WebOS. That used to run palm back in the day. And even three years later, my 2016 apps still get updates on occasion. It even has a PLEX client meaning I can watch video's on my network on the TV.

• 1 year ago

Sony would be my first recommendation. 

• 1 year ago

LG is great. I've had mine for 3+ years now. Also the smart interface looks better and colorful

• 1 year ago

LG they do one with variable refresh rate cant remember the model but look it up they do one that is not a oled so no image burn