Jamie asked in TravelCanadaToronto · 1 month ago

Why do Canadians complain so much?

I have a friend here in the US and he always says like

"It is too dangerous here. Too many gun crimes"

"It is too expensive to see a doctor. Bad healthcare system."

"Too many homeless people. Bad social services."

"Hard to watch hockey games here. Why do you like football and baseball? Is it boring."

So on the other day I said then go back to Canada if u hate here then he said I'm very racist and he hates that there are too many racists in the US.

What can I do?

He did not move into the U.S., did he?

If he did, then he HAS TO accept what you accept as normal as his new "NORMAL".

It definitely can be improved upon. The U.S. is FAR from Number 1.

(That is just Propaganda you have been fed your entire life.)

• JuanB

You hear complaining, while someone else hears truths and solid excellent ways to improve.

Well, you heard one Canadian, who was actually telling the truth, for the most part. We don't all complain though, but, some of us do when we see things that aren't right.

• Clive

Shut up and accept that he doesn't share your opinion.

• `

What can you do? Find new friends.

• Bill

take a good hard look at your self and ask yourself does he have a point and do I live in a cesspool

Because they are used to living in a country with less crime, cheaper healthcare, and adequate numbers of immigrants so that the farms can function properly.

Your friend's arguments are mostly valid. I've never had a problem watching hockey in Los Angeles or Anaheim.

He's especially right about the healthcare system. One time I met a couple of Canadian tourists at the San Diego Zoo. I asked them if they were enjoying their visit, and one of them said that they hoped they didn't get a heart attack while in the US.