Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsHorses · 2 months ago

what does it feel like to break a bone?

I'm just wondering how it feels especially for a 11 year old. My cousin broke her leg from falling off a horse. I don't see her but would like to know. There is a photo of her leg poor thing.

I have never broken a bone, but from what I understand it is extremely painful.

• patty

I think I broke my little toe. If you just touched the toe it would hurt

• ?1 month agoReport

shut up trumptard

Any kind of fracture always HURTS, pal. And if you don't know that, there must be something wrong with you. And I agree with the people on here who have said that this little girl needs surgery to set the bone, so it will heal properly. That kind of break usually doesn't heal on its own without some sort of intervention. The ends of the broken bone must be realigned, or they will not fuse back together correctly.

• ?1 month agoReport

Just remove your ovaries and you will know what ur sayin. the truh is in the devil> but what?

investigate best body protection- back, elbows and ribs...helmet of course. make sure its all breathable or you wont want to wear it. people say dont break fall with hands but...shoulders either. drop and roll? hmmm having said that- now we have the leg....I wonder how this happened? im very sorry and hope she can ride again soon and walk without pain. will be a great day when healed :)

• ?1 month agoReport

Do you think he was lying

• Joe

I'd expect that, as part of the whole fall and hitting the ground, the pain from the actual break would not stand out.  (That's why you have to be careful when you first get up from a fall.)

Yes, this probably should be surgically "fixed" (metal pins).  It's going to be an annoying next two months for her, though, no matter what.

Source(s): Fallen off horses plenty of times. Broken a few bones (not all from horse activity).

When I broke my elbow (into like 3 separate chunks) it didn't hurt that bad, I wasn't even going to go to the hospital except the bleeding wouldn't stop and my brother said I needed stitches.

• polly

The recovery is the worst part.

When you fall off your horse & you know you've done yourself a mischief you go into shock & as long as you don't continue to attempt to weightbear on it,it's bearable.

I was riding with a guy one day & he fell off & broke his leg so bad that he had bone poking out of it & all he did was ask for a cigarette while we waited for the paramedics to arrive

That x-ray is disturbing. She needs surgery.

• polly

That what I'm thinking,It's not just a fractured leg, it's a break that's displaced the bones.That leg needs opening right up by way of surgery,re-aligning the bones back into their original form & reinforcing the area of the break with a plate & screws until the bone calcifies & heals back together

very, very painful.

It hurts like hell.