Why does he care if I smoke?

He keeps telling me I smoke too much, and that I'll die if I keep smoking like that.

I'm aware of the health risks, but it doesn't effect him as long as I don't smoke near him...

I understand if I'm smoking near or around non smokers, I make an effort to keep distance from people when I smoke. (unless they're smoking too)

So why would he dare what I do?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Maybe because it's not good for health.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

It better not be because he loves you or cares about you because loving someone is not a reason to care that someone smokes

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Probably because he cares but my girlfriend smokes a lot (Mayfair) and I don't mind standing next to her when she is smoking. Sometimes I even tell her to blow her smoke across me.

• 1 month ago

You can smoke if you want, but you probably stink to high heaven after you've finished smoking. I know i do. I switched to electronic cigarettes - i smoke Lychee brand.

Anyway, once in a while i will smoke a regular cigarette or two and i REEK! I can't even stand smelling myself!

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Eva
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

He may not want you to become ill. He may be tired of the stench on your clothes, hair, and breath.

• Steve
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

He doesn’t want you destroying your body. It’s pretty simple.

He might love you. You hurting yourself does affect him.

You’re lucky he cares.

• 1 month ago

I started smoking at 20 and now I'm 86.

My husband's lived with me for 63 years and he's 90 years old.

• 1 month ago

From your description it appears that *he* cares about your health and it is frustrating to him that you do not take better care of your respiratory system.

I do not believe i can relate to either but see if you can talk  this out, explain to him why you smoke and that his constant comments on the subject are very grating.

• 1 month ago

Maybe because he cares about you. Is that so hard to believe? I don't know who this person is to you but if you want to keep him around at least you could try not being so defiant of his concern.

• 1 month ago

Maybe he cares about your health. Or your breath.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.