Indigo asked in HealthOptical · 2 months ago

Should I get my eyesight checked?

I have good eyesight with and without prescription glasses. I'm just wondering if I should go to an optometrist and get my eyesight checked.

• Joe

Once a year is good for eye check ups. They could spot something of which you are unaware. Nip it in the bud.  Going blind is too scary to not be diligent about eyesight, don't you agree ?

Yes you should! While they will determine if you need glasses or not, they will check the health of your eyes. Too many people say that they can see good before they get an exam and in the end needs to wear glasses afterwards! If you do need to get glasses, get them and wear them because you will see things that you never had. Sure it takes time to get used to wearing glasses, but it is important to see correctly! Wearing glasses is not a big deal as most people will wear them in their lifetime.

• Bernd

OMG, where do I start? Glasses are not the only reason people get their vision checked. Eye health is much more than Glasses. None of the other answers touched on this.

You failed to give your age. But eye exams every two years are valuable.

If there is no problem why should you invite problem

Why? Your eye sight is good. There is not point in getting your eye sight checked.

• patty

why wear glasses when u don't need them? Sounds like the optometrists wanted your money. I was told I needed glasses for reading and for distance. For reading yes, but I can go without for distance.