Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsCancer · 1 month ago

Do I trust my doctor? (Lymphoma cancer)?

So I was at the doctors about 20 minutes ago, and he was smiling, saying it doesn’t look like anything, and that they are completely normal lymph nodes, and I asked him why do they pop out when I turn my head, and he said it’s because my lymph nodes are sitting on the tendon, and I asked why doesn’t it pop out on the left side then, and he said because we are not symmetrical. And he said if I lose weight, and I said I weight more at the night, than when I wake up. He said nothing was wrong. Do i trust him or go for another doctor, the lump is soft hasn’t grown.

Maybe you just don’t trust mainstream medical doctors. Many people do not. If your insurance pays for it or you can pay out of pocket for it, why don’t you try going to a naturopath instead? A licensed naturopath has the same basic training as a medical doctor but they don’t use surgery and prescription drugs, they use more natural healing alternatives. You sound like a sensitive, detail-oriented person who is very tuned into your body so I think an alternative practitioner might be better for you. A naturopath, homeopath, Chinese medicine practitioner, etc. These types of doctors are more holistic and more likely to take your whole ‘being’ into consideration, including your psychological state and everything else than just treat you like a organic piece of machinery which is what mainstream Western allopathic doctors tend to do, who are basically just ‘body mechanics’ in a sense. Or even go to a hypnotherapist to help deal with some of the anxieties around these issues as an adjunct

She wasn't at the doctors 20 minutes ago... or even close..  her writing style can be found on an endless amount of questions here.. and the same with her answers.. 

• Arman1 month agoReport

Oh ofc I wasn’t, I just wrote it for attention, this is my hobby. Stupid idiot, gtfo

• Edna

Your doctor is 100% correct in what he told you. Stop looking for an illness that you don't have.

• LAN

Doesn't matter you are an idiot and will continue to believe you are sick no matter how many doctors tell you you aren't. You are a hypochondriac and very stupid.

• atomic fireball

“mind/body split” model anymore. It’s one organism and everything works together. Your trumpian simplistic black & white thinking doesn’t help anybody..,even you

• Pippin

So -- you asked your questions here 20 times.  You were told to go to the doctor.  Which you did.  He examined you and said you were fine. Now you are asking if he was wrong.

WHY are you so determined to have lymphoma?  My best friend died from it.  It was horrible.  Trust me, you DON'T want to have it.

(And you weigh less in the morning because you haven't eaten and you weigh yourself after you empty your bladder. Worrying weightloss is generally considered to be 10% of your body weight without trying.)

It's not a matter of trust. By all means, if you have doubts about your doctor’s evaluation, tell him you would like to get a second opinion. Surely, no sincere doctor would dissuade you from doing so. Hopefully, the value of getting a second opinion will put your mind at ease and you can come back feeling more confident about his recommendations as well.

You should trust him.

He could make a lot of money if he said it might be lymphoma and ordered a bunch of unnecessary tests. Instead he lost money by telling you the truth.

• y

I agree with your doc, but you can always go and get a second opinion.

• y

No it was not, and nether was the mass they found in my head, the nodes they found on my lungs, the enlarged lymph nodes in my chest, and the extremely high (1700 plus) white blood count I have had for four years now. **** happens

If you don't trust your doctor see another doctor, my friend.

Go to another doctor get checked out

• Arman1 month agoReport

Honestly LAN, If there was a way to completely block you it would’ve been 10x easier with all of this. You are a piece of **** human waste, all you do is judge people and talk ****, like wtf is wrong w u, go get a hobby, people suffering from heath anxiety, and actually have real symptoms while your