do you think a 1 hour and 30 minutes is FAR TOO long for an afternoon detention ?

I have just got home from a after school detention, it was MISREABLE , if 1 and half hours , this does not allow for the 5 minutes for us to get to the detention room and for the 10 minutes for the detention teacher to take the register and give out the punishment essays, this means I got out of school 1 hour and 45 minutes late.

we had to sit at our desks in TOTAL silence and write a 4 page essay and why we were being punished, I had to write an essay on the importance of behaving in class, by the time I got home my evening was ruined, my mum gave me a lecture and sent me to my room to do homework, then I was had dinner in my room, then I was confined to my room until the next day.

• J

Just wait until you have a job, then it will be like 8 hours per day detention.

Are you back trolling this POS?

Our school has 2 hours.

No that's not too long and I'm sure that you'll never do whatever it was that you did again.

• Edna

Don't  do the crime; if you can't do the time.

• Nathan

No, because now you don't want to do whatever for you into trouble again.

• John P

The idea of many forms of punishment is to occupy your time in a way which does not suit you. You "Did the crime", so you had to "Do the time", as the old saying goes. You should feel lucky that it was only your evening which was ruined.

• edward

That’s stupid first. Writing essays is a good way of teaching kids that they can BS through life because essays don’t mean that you will follow up in whatever it is you said in the essay, it’s meaningless work. Homework would’ve been a much better waste of time. When i was in school detentions consisted of grading papers, making photocopies, doing things teachers didn’t care to do that would actually help the school and detention only lasted 15 minutes in a place we called the WHIR (Work Habit Improvement Room) or the resource room during the day.

Based on your past questions (nothing is private online & Google is a friend) you go from being a kid in school to an adult. Make up your mind, troll

• .

No.

When I was in high school, in-school detention was a full day. And the assistant football coach was the monitor.

• Mark

Why do you keep asking this? Do you think people won't remember? If you misbehaved in school, that is your punishment.