Which western medical professional jobs can I apply for that do NOT require me to get a Flu shot?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

It depends. If you want to work in a naturopathic doctor’s office I’m pretty sure they’re not going to require you to get a flu shot. Otherwise they shouldn’t consider themselves naturopaths.

• Edna
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

There are virtually no jobs in the Western medical profession that do not require that you take a flu shot. They don't want to take the chance that you might come down with the flu and pass it on to other sick patients. That includes lab techs, food service workers, and receptionists in doctors' offices - anyone who might come in contact with patients in any way.

• Roddy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

If you work in any healthcare capacity it is important that you do not catch any disease from the patients, nor pass on any to them.

Workers are therefore usually required to have most vaccinations and any necessary boosters.

Why would you not want to be protected against flu anyway?

• 1 month ago

basically none this is for your protection and the other people you are around and to help with attendance to keep employees at work and not out ill with the flu.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

In the USA, Only non-hospital jobs, or jobs in hospitals that don't require patient interaction.

• 1 month ago

None, all medical professions require it. I worked in the Finance dept of a mental health and substance abuse facility and even the office workers who never came into contact with patient were required.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

In the UK, all clinical staff need flu shots. But laboratory staff do not. Though it is recommended. I'm not sure why you wouldn't want a flu shot, especially if you are looking at clinical placements, you should definitely have one.

• bubba
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

in a morge is about it now days

• Tavy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

None in the UK. You are a danger to sick people.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.