What kind of car should I get?

I want to know what kind of car I can get that can handle unmaintaned backroads and would be able to get me up a mountain when snowing. I also enjoy speeding around curves in the suburbs. Im really looking for a smaller car too. I was thinking about a jeep wrangler, what's you're opinion is the wrangler sufficient or is there better options?

I'm a car dealer, and I'm going to give you some advice that I don't tell my customers... for obvious reasons.  Buy used, not new.  New cars lose a lot of value over a short period of time.  As a matter in fact, a brand new car will lose value the moment you sign the paperwork, because the status has shifted from new (previously untitled vehicle) to used (titled vehicle).  So a new car can lose value without the owner having driven it a single mile.  You mentioned snow, so I'm going to assume that you reside in an area that has snowy winters.  Many of these areas use salt to combat the snow and ice.  While salt is effective, it also contributes to the corrosion of vehicles.  I live in an area where salt is never used, vehicles here last decades.  My uncle lives in Minnesota, where salt is used frequently.  He has seen vehicles rust to the point of salvage before the car reached 10 year old.  I recommend not investing much money into a new car knowing that after a few years the vehicle will either lose value, or will rot away.  If you absolutely much have a new-ish vehicle, I recommend getting something at least 5 years old.  After 5 years, the majority of depreciation has already taken place.  Also if your vehicle isn't worth much, you'll be less inclined to purchase full coverage insurance.  But if your vehicle is very expensive, full coverage insurance is a must.  As far being able to navigate unmaintained roads in inclement weather, I believe that tires would be a greater factor than the vehicle itself.  There are multiple Youtube videos in which testers compared 4X4 Summer tires to 2WD Winter tires, and even in straight line performance, the 2WD Winter tires proved superior.  Cornering and handling was a complete blow out.  So in my opinion, invest a little less in the vehicle and consider purchasing an extra set of wheels for the sole purpose of having winter tires.  I hope this helps!

P.S.  I hope you didn't mean that you intend to speed around corners in populated suburbs?  Do be careful while driving.  If you lose control and plow over a kid, you'll have to live with the consequences for the rest of your life, you won't be able to take it back.

P.P.S.  Jeep Wrangler is a good vehicle, but if you focus on only one vehicle, and that vehicle is low on supply, then don't be surprised to over pay.  If you broaden your scope, you'll be in a better position to pay a fair market value.  Consider other vehicles similar to the Jeep Wrangler, such as the Subaru Impreza, Toyota 4Runner, Nissan Xterra, and Toyota Rav4

• John

I bought a 2019 Trail Rated Jeep Wrangler last March. No more getting stuck in the snow. I paid for it with bank cashiers check and got the title three days later. It has more pickup than I expected from a V-6. The salesman said only use regular gas so you don't burn the valves. This winter is right around corner when I can really check it out.

Wrangler is a great vehicle to go in any terrain. But, if you want something that handles well too, you need to look at BMW X1/X2/X3 or Audi Q3.

• Jay P

The Jeep is great for driving off-road but if you're looking to go "speeding around curves in the suburbs", the Wrangler is a poor choice.

• Geo

New Jeeps are bottom rated. Too many problems.