Marriage Advice: What do I do?

I have also been with my wife for over 10 years, we have 2 kids, we have no family where we are, we don't have any close friends - we've had genuine people make genuine offers but my wife treats them with suspicion. My wife is also a control freak - apparently i can't do anything right around the house and she prefers to do everything herself and she over commits herself at work. She's impatient and short tempered with our daughter so i find my self doing the majority of the child minding type tasks especially the more arduous ones that are more likely to result in tantrums. She has plenty of time to away from us and works and goes to school- but apparently this isn't enough. There is also no intimacy between us. My wife has become this highly strung, tense person who regularly has meltdowns. She has been diagnosed with depression and anxiety issues. I love her and worry about her and all this is having quite an impact on her mental and physical health - it also contributes to my own depression and my PTSD. Whenever i say anything she never takes responsibility and lashes out. I don't think it will ever change. What do I do?

You got to stand up to her. Apparently she really needs some great sex, but I doubt that she would go for that. Great sex is really good at relieving tension. She's trying to do too much.

Sounds like you both need to be in therapy until you can resolve some of your individual issues...after which you'd need to start marriage counseling together. But do know that counseling alone isn't going to be enough to contend with the actual chemical illnesses of depression and PTSD. So you may both need to be on medication as well.

Divorce papers. You deserve better.

Love and make friends..GO for a trip and explore new places. Get into adventures

have her give you some head one last time and then divorce her

Source(s): Donald TrumpBill Clinton

Cheat on that whore! But THEN murder your mistress!! AND THEN your WIFE!!! and then run away with your children and start over again

• michael

being a democrat doesn't give you a right to suggest murder..  graduate kindergarten and then answer him normally..  even though for your kind you did..  

Talk to her and let her know she has to let something go because doing or trying to do so much is causing a problem. Women will try to do it all if you dont stop them. Therapy for the family is not a bad idea either or too.

What are the sources of her anxiety? Lack of relatives? That seems unlikely. Guess it's possible. Probably more.

Take some time to think and talk about what is best for the children. Two kids, 10 years wed, they are both quite young and how they will be effected by things staying the same (sounds like two quite unhappy parents) or how several other options might result for all concerned need be examined honestly. Time to start getting numerous conversations started. It's not about finger pointing, it's about intelligent, informed, decision making.

The thing about evolution is that things change when they NEED to change. Faced with facts and examined options, most people can make choices and changes when it is essential. Because they have to. That's what essential is.

• history

I'm glad to hear it. Your kids need lots of love from you. Good luck.

You are living my life 30 years ago, a wife of almost 10 yrs who was NEVER happy about anything two small boys, and she wanted more.....but decided she didn't want me. Divorced pretty amicably but still a very expensive proposition (she had a good job so no alimony). It was TOUGH I am a good dad and loved my boys and only saw them once a week and every other weekend. I did my part, paid my child support and it took 4 years to move on (basically was hermit - working hard, saving and doing right by my boys). Then I met someone that was my soulmate and we have been married 23 years (wonderful years). The ex has been married 2 or 3 more times......so in hindsight one door closes but a MUCH better one is likely to open - but it is a tough row to hoe for a few years. (OH and it turned out my ex had some depression bi-polar stuff going on and un-diagnosed at the time).