Is there any privacy in a nursing home?

what if Ms. B from Room 101 and Mr. C from Room 122 wants to have a little alone time fun together?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Best answer

My mother has a private room in her nursing home, but her at 101 having a romantic encounter with some 90 year old younger man seems very unlikely

• old timer
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

haha Sam she's 102 in 4 weeks time, but yes people do wander into her room at times, she just tells them to get out and so far they have.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

It depends on what type of accommodation an individual can afford. Some have private rooms and some are more like hospital wards in U.K. 6 - 8 beds in a room and a locker beside the bed on one side plus an armchair the other side.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

The nursing homes that I have visited have very little privacy; not much more than you would receive in a hospital bed with a curtain pulled around it. Some better homes do allow more space between beds and some have single rooms. It all depends on how much you can afford to pay to live in one of these dubious establishments.

• Dick
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

There is a high rate of STDs in most nursing homes. Somebody is figuring out a way.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

I'm sure they can find some privacy.

• Flower
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

They cannot do that if they have roommates. The staff wouldnt permit it. They have to go elsewhere for romanctic encounters. And most rooms are shared anyway.

• RP
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

It is minimal, at best.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

That depends on exactly what type of nursing home they are in.

There is a HUGE DIFFERENCE between an assisted living facility and an actual nursing home.

In an assisted living facility, there is still a reasonable amount of privacy.  An assisted living facility is set up with apartments and each person lives in their own small apartment.  The staff helps them with whatever level of help they need.  (maybe they just need help keeping the apartment clean - or someone to fix meals for them.)  There is an emergency call button in their apartment to get help if they need it.  But, overall, there would be reasonable expectations of privacy when they aren't actually calling for assistance.

In an actual nursing home, it is more like a hospital setting with very little privacy.

• 1 month ago

It depends on the nursing home, but privacy is generally pretty limited.

• 1 month ago

I've read, in a number of different places, that we have an epidemic of STDs today in 'assisted living' homes.  The Hippie generation are all retired now, in nursing homes, and apparently they haven't give up Free Love.  8^)  So yeah, just like teens, they'll find a place to do it.

• Sam
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

if there's a will there's a way ;)

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.