Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 month ago

Do you think I will like lobster?

I like prawns and fish that isn’t too fishy like cod or sea bass but I don’t like smelly fish or seafood like haddock and mussels. I really want to try lobster but don’t want to waste my money if I don’t like it. I really like prawns are they similar?

36 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

go to the restaurant with few other ppl...YOU order what you KNOW you'll Enjoy (so you don't waste your money) and when someone orders the Lobsster YOU can ask to TRY some of it*.......OR take a chance...and order it n see for yourself if you like it*.........i'm sure you WILL like it tho*...u enjoy prawns n some fish (that dont taste fishy)...but lobster isn't a fishy taste at all..n ppl usually dip it in garlic butter of sorts.........(i don't like seafood or fish..i HAVE tried many many types of fish n seafood dishes...I will always TRY something to at least know if i like it or not..but other than once a year maybe i'll have a proper English fish n chip n enjoy it...ive tried prawns, shrimp, scallops, diff fish n cooked diff ways..even fresh bass n cooked great..i just don't like taste or textures of any types of seafood/fish etc*..just not my cup of tea so to speak lol...but i do remember when i tried the lobster..dipped in the garlic butter..it wasn't bad....but ..i wouldn't eat more of it (that's just ME)....but if you do enjoy like prawns n things like that then im sure you'll enjoy the lobster* it's definately not fishy*

• 1 month ago

yes you will especially if your dining out with friends or family

• 1 month ago

Just eat the sea bug and find out. Do you like shrimp? Youll probly like one sea bug as much as another. Lobster is softer though.

• John
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I'm betting that quite a few people with not so great tasting ability couldn't tell the difference between lobster and shrimp with a blindfold on. So yes, you will like it. Probably a lot.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Lobster has a sweet taste and is not at all fishy. If you like prawns, you will like lobster even more.

• 1 month ago

Lobster is a mild tasting meat. Sweet like the prawns you like.

Not at all like mussels or haddock.

Lobster picks up flavors well. Many people dip it in butter I do not think it is necessary.

• Laurie
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I haven’t been able to eat lobster since I took a class class in entomology at Texas A&M, in which the teacher - a nationally known expert - explained that lobsters ( and prawns, shrimp, etc) were the cockroaches of the ocean.

• Sammy
      Lv 5
      1 month agoReport

Do you eat chicken? Ever see what they eat?

• 1 month ago

You must be really poor not to try lobster, where you live it might be expensive maybe you are better off not trying it or better yet wait until the time is right, it usually happens that way.

• Brian
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Only the few and far between idiot(s) don't like lobster.

• Lolly
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Yes it is very mild.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.