Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy Β· 1 month ago

What is your favorite philosophical idea?

• Henry

"We may seem trivial and insignificant, but each of us possesses a unique talent."

GWSN, Puzzle Moon MV

"We may be someone greater than who we think we are"

-GWSN, Pinky Star MV

Arthur Schopenhauer taught us that the World and everything in it may be understood as the representation of pure, unmediated sexual desire. He may be right, if you think of the will as love

the movie spiderman with TOBEY MagQUIRE

My favourite recent idea is that of Greta Thunberg's Environmental PHILOSOPHY Emergency.

You know the one where the old & young citizens (or Old & Young ANSWERERS here) have very

different views on such an emergency depending on whether or not YOUR Future is going to be

"messed up"... to the point of BEING curtailed so to speak.

And as an older citizen with some such experience of such things I can say that its a bit like when

back in the 80's (the 1980's !?!!) the then fledgling experts called the IPCC were touting & reporting

on the environmental emergency for the first time (recollecting back..).

They knew as now how important-an-emergency the philosophical Environment was.. though it wasn't

as stark to some -a great majority including me, a younger citizen getting on with my

own environmental emergencies" just like my generation were- as IT IS NOW.

This is partly the reason why some weeks ago I called for a full blown "Philosophy Emergency"

in response to Greta T's environmental one.

But having reflected upon it all since I have backed down & now strongly suggest that

the Environmental ideas ARE the MORE Important ones...

(Is the important one compared to a-Philosophy-Emergency). This is DESPITE the fact

that that now even among commentators here -like APOLOGISTS everywhere who falsely

believe that academic philosophy is THE BE-ALL-AND-END-ALL of real-and-realistic-

AUTHORITATIVE (ideal best) discourse- these same philosophers are beginning to see that,

after all, there could be some truth & usefulness in shaking-up today's philosophy world

(& their world) given the facts OF A WORSENING technical Environment Situation...

But I see it differently, at least in The Short term...

For I believe that any "environment" such as important as (Greta's &) our Environment, can

easily CONTAIN All the necessary rules & facts, myths & falsehoods that go with such an

environmental territory ; a "complete territory" where both Old & Young people & concerned

citizens can agree & WORK together on the problem...even IF that just means that we all

just back-up & support the Experts & agree on what is worthwhile in solving the reduction

of fossil fuels & carbon dioxide (+ methane) in this our earth's environment-atmosphere.

So DISPELLING the loose-fact (of Young versus Old- in favor of a better fact) of an Emergency

which is maybe-not-thought-of-as of VITAL Importance to the one Environment of concern...

Our Environmental concern..

And of-our-critical-philosophy-concern that this here category can reflect.

Source(s): our critical philosophy source category, right here.

Arthur Schopenhauer taught us that the World and everything in it may be understood as the representation of pure, unmediated sexual desire. He may be right, if you think of the will as love.

Only God exist.

Descartes' realization that much of what he thought he knew, upon examination, was not "certain". It was things he'd heard, been told, speculated about, etc. I think that is shockingly true for most or all of us.

• j1 month agoReport

Cogito ergo sum is NOT a syllogism but rather two separate apprehensions which Descartes thought he needed to form his starting point. Recognition of self evident truth would have served him better.

Maybe. The only thing that anybody knows for sure is some of the contents of their own mind.

• peter m

without any real useful evidence or truth supporting it. And that many philosopher's are of the same opinion - given the fact & foundation of Deductive logic being the true rational method used & described throughout.

• j153e

One Mind Soul-Realizing immortal Ideas, ~ = later Kant's God, Man, and Nature, or Father-Mother, Son-Daughter, and Holy Spirit as panentheism. Kudos, Plotinus. "Return to the One: Plotinus's Guide to God-Realization," Brian Hines.

• Heads: I do not haveee favoritess.

Tails: Every thought thinkable runs eventually through a observers head, so yes, they are all my favorites. Each. And. Every. ONE!