Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 month ago

Is crime getting worse in America compared to 1950's / 1980's ?

Or was it worse back in those days.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Crime is much lower. For reasons which aren't fully understood, crime rates in the US began to spike in the early to mid 1960s and kept rising until the early 90s. Since then, the crime rate in America has continued to fall. The crime rate now is significantly lower than it was in the 80s, even in cities like Chicago or Philadelphia which have a reputation for high crime.

• 1 month ago

Actually it's not.

Violent crime is much lower than it was in the 1990s and has remained low for years.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

i think its worse now

• 1 month ago

Certain crimes...such as hate crimes weren't considered crimes in the 1950s

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Corporate crimes have gone through the roof since then

• Shawn
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Actually its increasing exponentially. Illegal aliens alone comprise an enormous amount of the crime.

• 1 month ago

Actually, it's DECREASING right now

• Zee
      Lv 4
      1 month agoReport

More armed people carrying guns in public now than ever in US history. Main dangerous places are those "Gun Free Zones" where people are voluntarily disarmed and helpless.

• The same folks that discuss how bad crime is in Black neighborhoods won't even mention who is responsible for nearly every mass shooting in America. I've seen a Black man with a bag of weed treated worse by law enforcement than a white man who killed nearly everyone in a church.

• Zee
      Lv 4
      1 month agoReport

Yep, white Democrat incels are the cause of 96% of mass shootings.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

What I said would be right. I mean, crime went down the mid-term and a little bit of it went up in the latter part. It depends what you mean by "went up" and if you mean the actual crime rates in those years

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.