Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 month ago

Do you need to worry if a child eat cookies that contains a few DROPS of coffee?

I KNOW coffee is not good for children, I don't have children nor work with them, but I often bake and my parents sometimes ask if my nieces and nephews can taste when they visit.

The recipe I use contain 15ml (1.5oz) for 20+ chocolate cookies. One cookie only contain a few drops, would that be any major concern?

I can't bake them ahead with altered recipes, because I don't intentionally bake it for visitors...

Update:

Edit meant 45ml which is about 1.5oz. rougly a few ML per cookie.

Update 2:

With children, I mean like 5-8 years old (and TBH, I don't know what age kids start drinking soda...).  I often see people want to omit the coffee in recipes. Maybe it was because of the taste.

16 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Best answer

Well, it is not recommended to give children coffee but a few drops in the cookies are alright. This would not affect your child much. Moreover, the coffee will be in the dough and it will be baked. Other items such a coke or even an energy bar contains higher levels of caffeine.

• 1 month ago

nope youre fine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 1 month ago

That's fine. It's only a bit. It's no more caffeine than if they had a can of coca cola.

• 1 month ago

Just use decaf. That's what I do when I'm making a coffee roast

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

no its not a major concern.

• IvaB
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Not at all..............

• 1 month ago

Friend I'm sure your kids are drinking Coca-Cola and Pepsi and mountain dew and orange crush there is more caffeine in them and in one candy bar then in your cookies!

• I wrote that I don't have children but sometimes the kids from relatives are visiting and TBH, I don't know what they are drinking or eating. 😑

• 1 month ago

I am not sure...so maybe you can send me a batch and I can test them...I am very sensitive to caffeine!!!

lol...so no, there won't be a problem....

• Sky
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

No worries at all. If you're that concerned about it, use decaf coffee in the recipe.

• Tavy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Are you serious .? Coffee is not a class A drug, there is more caffeine in a bar of chocolate.

• 1 month ago

If it is the caffeine that you are worried about they probably get more when drinking a soft drink or eating a chocolate bar.

Let them enjoy your cookies, in moderation but that goes for everyone.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.