JPP
JPP asked in Food & DrinkVegetarian & Vegan · 4 weeks ago

Should I be concerned about pesticides on my fruits and vegetables?

In regards to food and drink, I am adopting a much healthier lifestyle and things are going very well, and it is actually quite a bit easier then I thought it would be, so yay for that :)

I am also using the peels and pulp from stuff like oranges, grapefruits/etc in smoothies since they contain a powerhouse of nutrients :)

You should never be concerned about anything. Amoebas aren't concerned about anything, and they're doing just fine.

• james

Were is the food from? If in the U.S. they have strict laws also Europe as to what can be sold on pesticides. But were I live I will not eat apples as they are imported for most from China. You never know what is on them. So location is important & were the food is from.

No.

The pesticide residues found on foods in the US are extremely miniscule and none have been found to be harmful.

The health benefits of consuming more fruits and vegetables far exceed any possible risk from residues. 

• Ewewew don't worry

• Mark

If you wash them first, no. Not to mention, even if there were no pesticides on it, many fruits and smooth vegetables have wax on them. This is non-toxic, but still somewhat annoying. And you can just use dish detergent. Make sure you rinse it all off. For leafy vegetables, soak them in several changes of cold water and pull the leaves out of the water, so the dirt and pesticides stay behind.

Yeah vegan s get ill

Just wash them and you'll be fine

I bet the peels don't contain nearly as much "nutrients" as you think they do. The pith is bitter and so is the natural oils in those skins.

GACK

We turned this world really toxic. It reaches a level of mortal circumstances. Eat only bio products or start farming your own fruits on a healthy ground...if you find one. 

• Sammy

No .