Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

If the Earth is billions of years old, then there should be more sedimentary rock layers. Atheists/geologists, why isn't this the case?

have you ever taken a earth history class bruh

That's a hell of a disastrous conclusion you've come up with.

"If the Earth is billions of years old, then there should be more sedimentary rock layers."

Actually look at how many sedimentary rock lays there are and you'll have another clue about how old exoplanets are because apparently a world that's one AU away from their parent star and is about 4.5 billion years old will have more or less exactly as much sedimentary rock as we do.

The only rock I need is GOD

• Paul

The incredible number of geologic layers found in some areas are one of the clear indications of the age of the Earth.

born again Christian biologist

There sure are. Maybe you should learn some science. Anyhow, the earth was 100% liquid magma for more than half of its existence, and only the crust of the earth has now solidified.

• Robin W

That's not true. The Earth is 4.55 billion years old. The earliest multi-cellular life existed about 3.5 billion years ago.

• I am wondering where the asker and Fireball both earned their PHD qualifications in geology to give them the knowledge and authority to make such statements. Because every other qualified geologist would disagree with them.

This is just one of many subjects that, maybe we will never understand about or know. Millions earth-wide are listening to and obeying our heavenly Father by means of the Bible. Have you ever wondered why the Bible, although having been translated in more languages than any other book, has been preserved nearly perfectly for more than 4,000 years? The Scriptures may be worded a little differently, but the all convey the same thought. To millions that is amazing. Did you know that Jehovah God wants us to be happy, even while living under this wicked world of Satan the Devil? I'd like to share just one Scripture with you, if I may. "I, Jehovah, am your God, The One teaching you to benefit yourself, The One guiding you in the way you should walk. If only you would pay attention to my commandments! Then your peace would become just like a river and your righteousness like the waves of the sea." These words, although penned more than 2500 years ago are proving true today for those who are doing the will of God.--Isaiah 48:17+18--I invite you to learn more about what the Bible teaches from the international website, jw.org and Bible Teachings > Bible Questions Answered. See also Bible Teachings > Peace & Happiness > The Bible changes Lives. These are modern day experiences that really strengthen our faith. IF you believe what you learned, you can request your free personal Bible study online or from the next witness who knocks on your door or by visiting your neighborhood Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses. There is never a collection taken and all are welcome. Thank you.

Sedimentary rock is cycled into metamorphic and igneous rocks.

• Brian

The failure of homeskool science reeks.

Who says there should be more sedimentary rock layers?

And I mean somebody who isn't hiding behind a blue mask of shame.

More importantly, what evidence do they have to back up that claim.